To be clear, I don’t actually think there’s such a thing as reading too much YA—my bookshelves will happily attest to this. That said…it might be because I fit every single one of these criteria:
2. You make your dating decisions based on whether someone’s a Gale or a Peeta. (Or a Katniss or a Bella.)
3. You come up with lengthy internal dissertations on topics such as how you would die in the Hunger Games (fact: I would trip and fall into a river on the way to grab my weapon) and whether you’re the DUFF.
4. You start referring to cute guys as your “book boyfriends” to your friends. And coworkers. And parents. And husband.
6. You become confused at the sight of parents appearing for more than a few token lines of dialogue in any given conversation.
8. You start to qualify everything else you read with statements like, “I read a great book this weekend! It was really fast paced…for an adult book.”
10. You wonder whether your daily life could be accurately portrayed onscreen by Shailene Woodley.
12. You’re still nursing friendships lost in that whole Team Edward vs. Team Jacob kerfuffle. (But you were right, obviously.)
13. Other people obsessively check the mail for college acceptances or job offers. You check it for that letter from Hogwarts, coming any day now!
15. You used to be capable of functional thought. And then this happened.
How many of these signs do you relate to?