- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Spend $25, Get FREE SHIPPING
Discovery Friday Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Discovery Friday Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Barnesandnoble.com, LLC, ("Sponsor"), 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and, if a minor under the laws of their state of residence, have parent or guardian permission to enter the Sweepstakes under the terms of these Official Rules. Any entries not eligible for any reason will be disqualified from winning the prize. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 12:00:01am Eastern Time ("ET") on November 22nd, 2013 through close of business on November 22nd, 2013 (the "Entry Period"), visit the NOOK Counter at any Barnes & Noble retail store, and open the Discovery Friday NOOK App™ on any NOOK® HD or NOOK® HD+ demo device, fill out the Sweepstakes entry form, confirm acceptance of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, and submit the entry form. Entries must be received by November 22, 2013 at close of business. Limit one (1) entry per unique email address and per person during the Entry Period. Multiple entries received from any unique email address after the first entry will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply.
3. ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: Hand print your full name, address, daytime phone number, email address and birth date on a 3" x 5" card and mail the card inside a postage prepaid business size (#10) envelope to: THE DISCOVERY FRIDAY SWEEPSTAKES, Barnesandnoble.com, LLC, 76 Ninth Ave., New York, New York 10011. All entries must be received by Sponsor by December 2, 2013 in order to be eligible to participate.
4. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: One (1) Winner from each of five (5) regions will be selected at random in a drawing at or about 12:00:01pm ET on December 9, 2013. These regions are defined as:
5. PRIZE AND ODDS: One (1) Winner from each of five (5) regions will receive a $1000 Barnes & Noble gift card. A total of five (5) gift cards will be awarded. (Approximate Retail Value $1000.00)
6. GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees and each of its and their respective parents, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and advertising agencies to use winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, misuse, nonuse or use of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes (including any travel or activity related thereto); (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries or referrals; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual's ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at www.BN.com/DiscoveryFriday. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of such a dispute or in the event a potential winner entered via internet and a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive a prize, entries made by internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and any damage made to the web site will also be the responsibility of the authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
8. WINNERS' NAMES: For the name of the winners, available after December 23, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Discovery Friday Sweepstakes," 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011, to be received by June 9, 2014.
9. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsors make no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Sweepstakes. All prizes, and all materials furnished as part of or in connection with the Sweepstakes are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose.
10. GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the Sponsors and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of New York, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of New York, County of New York. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of New York and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Sweepstakes.
12. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.