- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Spend $25, Get FREE SHIPPING
Barnes & Noble Gift Card Program Terms and ConditionsYour use or purchase of a Barnes & Noble branded Gift Card, eGiftCard, Gift Certificate or other stored value product (collectively, "Gift Cards") indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Except as otherwise provided by law, these Terms and Conditions apply to all Gift Cards, whether purchased at store locations, online, or received from third parties.
1. Except as otherwise stated below, Gift Cards can be used at any Barnes & Noble store nationwide and at BN.com. They can also be used at any Barnes & Noble College, Bookstar or B. Dalton Bookseller location.
2. Maintenance, dormancy or service fees do not apply to balances on Gift Cards. Gift Cards have no expiration dates.
3. Hold your Gift Cards securely and write down your Gift Card number and PIN in a safe place. Gift Cards that are lost or stolen will ONLY be replaced, up to the value remaining, with satisfactory proof of purchase AND the Gift Card number. Call 1-800-THE-BOOK in order to have a lost or stolen Gift Card replaced.
4. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash, except to the extent required by law. Gift Cards may be reloaded with additional funds. Each reload is limited to $500, and the initial load and all reloads may not exceed $2,000 in the aggregate.
5. Gift Cards may be used to purchase annual memberships in the Barnes & Noble Membership program (continuous billing memberships require a valid credit card).
6. Gift Cards may be used to purchase NOOK Books and single issues of NOOK Newspapers and NOOK Magazines; however, they cannot be used to pay for subscriptions to NOOK Newspapers or NOOK Magazines. To redeem a Gift Card for a NOOK Book, single issue NOOK Magazine, or single issue NOOK Newspaper, you must first save the Gift Card to your account by visiting the "My Account" page and clicking on the "Manage Gift Cards for eBooks" link. You must also save a default credit card into your account in order to purchase a NOOK Book, NOOK Newspaper, or NOOK Magazine, even if you are redeeming a Gift Card. Once a Gift Card(s) is saved to your account, any available Gift Card balance will be redeemed first when you purchase a NOOK Book, single issue NOOK Newspaper, or single issue NOOK Magazine. If the amount of your Gift Card does not completely cover your NOOK Book, single issue NOOK Newspaper, or single issue NOOK Magazine purchase, your default credit card will be charged for the remaining balance.
7. We reserve the right to prohibit the purchase of Gift Cards with other Gift Cards.
8. From time to time, you may be awarded with or receive "rewards," "promotional gift cards", "credits", "vouchers", "Groupons" or similar physical or electronic gift cards (collectively, "Promotional Cards"). As a general matter, these Promotional Cards shall have the same terms and conditions as the Gift Cards described here, however, they may have expiration dates, delayed activation dates or may be subject to additional restrictions or exemptions as provided on the Promotional Cards themselves or any packaging or other written materials that accompany such Promotional Cards or any applicable law.
9. Purchase amounts that exceed the value of the tendered Gift Card will require an additional payment for the balance due.
10. Gift Cards purchased online are delivered separately from other purchases.
11. Barnes & Noble reserves the right to hold any order for a security review. If your order is affected, you will be notified via email within two business days.
12. To obtain your Gift Card balance call toll-free 1-800-295-3029.
13. Gift Cards will not be redeemed if the card number is invalid or cannot be identified within Barnes & Noble systems.
14. We reserve the right to restrict the redemption of more than $1,000 in Gift Card balances by one person in any 30-day period.
15. Barnes & Noble Marketing Services LLC ("MSL") is the issuer of all Gift Cards (with the exception of Gift Cards marked "Barnes & Noble Bookfairs") that are sold or issued on or after August 1, 2010. MSL is organized and domiciled in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the purchase and sale of Gift Cards issued by MSL shall be deemed to be in Virginia and shall be subject to the laws and regulations of Virginia.
16. Barnes & Noble Marketing Services Corp. ("MSC") is the issuer of all Gift Cards sold or issued prior to August 1, 2010 and all Gift Cards marked "Barnes & Noble Bookfairs." MSC is incorporated in the State of Florida, and the purchase and sale of the Gift Cards issued by MSC shall be deemed to be in Florida and shall be subject to the laws and regulations of Florida.
17. Each of MSL and MSC reserves the right to change the terms of the Barnes & Noble Gift Card program at any time or to contract with another party to administer this program.
18. In the event that the Gift Card system may become temporarily inoperative, you may be unable to obtain information about the balance on your Gift Card and Gift Card transactions, or use your Gift Card to pay for purchases. Please notify us if you have any problems using your Gift Card. You agree that none of Barnes & Noble, MSL and MSC is responsible for any interruption of service or the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased by you with your Gift Card.
19. Each of MSL and MSC may assign this agreement at any time without notice.
20. You may be the holder of a Barnes & Noble.com gift certificate. Unlike other Gift Cards, Barnes & Noble.com gift certificates can only be used online at BN.com. To obtain your balance on a Barnes & Noble.com gift certificate, please call 1-800-THE-BOOK.
©2011, 2012 Barnes & Noble Marketing Services LLC and Barnes & Noble Marketing Services Corp.
- Corporate Sales Home
- Card Styles & Certificates
- Co-Branding Options
- Corporate Sales FAQs
- Contact Corporate Sales