What do I have to do?
- Place at least $25 of eligible items in your bag.
- Proceed to Checkout; "Standard Delivery" and "Send everything in as few packages as possible" will be pre-selected.
- Complete your Checkout.
All items identified as eligible for Free Shipping will qualify for the Free Shipping program, subject to certain exceptions. There are a number of reasons why your order might not be eligible for Free Shipping.
- Free Shipping applies to orders made at www.bn.com and shipped within the U.S. only.
- The $25 minimum purchase for Non-Members is calculated after all other discounts (including organizational discounts, and/or coupons) are applied. Charges relating to shipping, handling, gift-wrapping, Magazines, downloading Digital Products such as eBooks, SparkNotes, Quamut Charts, Digital Magazines, other PDF files, and Audiobook MP3s, and taxes will not be included to meet the $25 minimum.
- Your order contains items that are ineligible for free shipping - these include: Used & Out of Print Books from our Authorized Sellers, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, Magazines, Digital Products such as eBooks, SparkNotes, Quamut Charts, Digital Magazines, other PDF files, and Audiobook MP3s, Barnes & Noble Membership, unusually sized or overweight items, or any other item not identified as eligible for Free Shipping.
- You changed your shipping preference to something other than "Send everything in as few packages as possible".
- The Free Shipping offer will not apply to any order where cancellations or returns reduce the amount of qualifying purchases to less than $25; Barnes & Noble.com reserves the right to charge applicable shipping and handling costs to any such orders.
We do our best to estimate delivery dates for your purchase. The total delivery time for your BN.com order to arrive is a combination of the shipping availability time and delivery time. The shipping availability time tells you how quickly products are expected to be ready to leave our warehouses; this shipping availability is provided on the BN.com product detail page. The Free Shipping delivery time of 2-6 business days is the time in transit once your package has left our warehouse. For example, when an item is marked "Usually ships within 24 hours," this means the order will leave our warehouse within 24 hours and will arrive within 2-6 business days of leaving our warehouse. Orders containing pre-ordered items will not ship until ALL items are in stock.
Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office and UPS, such as New Year's Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Delivery times are not guaranteed. Sometimes the availability of the items in your order may change while we are processing your order. In this event, you will receive an email notifying you of a delay, and the remaining eligible items in your order will be shipped as scheduled.
What if I'm a Barnes & Noble Member?
If you purchase a Barnes & Noble Membership, you will enjoy Free Express Shipping in 1-3 business days with no minimum purchase required. Click here to learn more about becoming a Barnes & Noble Member.
Can the Free Shipping Program be changed or discontinued?
Barnes & Noble.com may change or discontinue Free Shipping at any time in its sole discretion; however you shall receive Free Shipping for any eligible purchases made prior to any change to the Free Shipping Program.
Note: Items marked as eligible for FAST & FREE DELIVERY qualify for Free Member Express Shipping.