Justin Bieber Believe in Reading™ Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Justin Bieber Believe in Reading Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Barnesandnoble.com, LLC, ("Sponsor"), 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia excluding the state of Rhode Island, who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and, if a minor under the laws of their state of residence, have parent or guardian permission to enter the Sweepstakes under the terms of these Official Rules. Any entries not eligible for any reason will be disqualified from winning the prize. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 3:00:01pm Eastern Time ("ET") on November 8th, 2012 through December 24th, 2012 at close of business (the "Entry Period"), visit the NOOK Counter at any Barnes & Noble retail store, and open the Believe in Reading NOOK App™ on any NOOK® HD or NOOK® HD+ demo device, fill out the Sweepstakes entry form, confirm acceptance of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, and submit the entry form. Entries must be received by December 24, 2012 at close of business. Limit one (1) entry per unique email address and per person during the Entry Period. Multiple entries received from any unique email address after the first entry will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply.
3. ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: Hand print your full name, address, daytime phone number, email address and birth date on a 3" x 5" card and mail the card inside a postage prepaid business size (#10) envelope to: THE JUSTIN BIEBER BELIEVE IN READING SWEEPSTAKES, Barnesandnoble.com, LLC, 76 Ninth Ave., New York, New York 10011. All entries must be received by Sponsor by December 24, 2012 in order to be eligible to participate.
4. RANDOM DRAWING/WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: One (1) Winner will be selected at random in a drawing at or about 12:00:01pm ET on January 2nd, 2013. The winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Winner will be notified by email and/or mail. The Winner (or, if the Winner is a minor, the Winner's parent or guardian) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity form (where legal) within seven (7) days after winner notification is sent. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entrants. Prize will be fulfilled approximately two (2) weeks after winner validation. Any winner later determined to be ineligible may be required to return his/her prize. The winner is responsible for all taxes applicable to the prizes awarded.
5. PRIZE AND ODDS: One (1) Winner will receive a trip for four (4) to Miami, Florida for 2 days and 1 night, including (i) round-trip coach air transportation for four (4) (Winner and three (3) travel companions) to Miami from a major gateway airport nearest the Winner's home (as determined by Sponsor); (ii) four (4) tickets to the Justin Bieber "Believe" tour final concert in Miami to be held at American Airlines Arena on January 27th, 2013; (iii) "meet and greet" with Justin Bieber at the Miami show; iv) ground transfer from airport in or around Miami to hotel; (v) one (1) night standard hotel accommodations (based on two room double occupancy) at hotel of Sponsor's choosing ; (vi) and a NOOK® HD device preloaded with the Just Getting Started NOOK Book™ (Approximate Retail Value $2750.00)* *Actual value will depend on point of departure and any airfare fluctuations. If winner lives in close proximity to selected destination, ground transportation may be substituted for air in Sponsor's discretion. Any difference in actual value of prize from announced value due to fluctuations, timing, point of departure or mode of travel will not be awarded. Travel must be completed between January 27th, 2013 and January 28th, 2013. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once booked, no change, extension, or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Tickets are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash or credit. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. The Winner and Winner's guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documentation. Both the Winner and their guests must be of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (and at least 21 years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Each guest (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility prior to ticketing. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all travel documents required by airline. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All travel expenses not described herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, incidental hotel expenses, ground transportation, meals, gratuities, souvenirs, and any other costs and expenses while on trip not mentioned herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner may be required to present a major credit card upon hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses. If for any reason any portion of the Prize does not occur or cannot be accepted as stated, such portion will be forfeited with no compensation being paid in exchange therefor.
6. GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees, including Scooter Braun Productions ("SBP") and each of its and their respective parents, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and advertising agencies to use winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor, SBP, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, misuse, nonuse or use of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes (including any travel or activity related thereto); (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries or referrals; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual's ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at www.nook.com/justinbieber. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of such a dispute or in the event a potential winner entered via internet and a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive a prize, entries made by internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and any damage made to the web site will also be the responsibility of the authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
8. WINNERS' NAMES: For the name of the winners, available after January 16th, 2013, , send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Justin Bieber Believe in Reading Sweepstakes," 76 Ninth Ave, 9th floor, New York, New York 10011, to be received by July 16, 2013.
9. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsors make no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Sweepstakes. All prizes, and all materials furnished as part of or in connection with the Sweepstakes are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose.
10. GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the Sponsors and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of New York, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of New York, County of New York. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of New York and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Sweepstakes.
12. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.