- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted May 18, 2011
I just received this today. First the easy:
You put batteries in the base station and in the temp sensor unit, put the base near a window (to pick up the time) and you are done. No setting time zone, no telling it anything. It sets up automatically.
Now the other:
1. The packaging was as hard as any to open. Plastic from Hell.
2. The "quick start guide" is larger than the User guide.
3. Can't we figure out how to waterproof a sensor without using tiny screws. Or at least make it so the screws don't fall out as you loosen them?
4. If you pick up the base unit by the top you will mostly likely drop it. I did, twice. There should be some grip near the top so us dummies who do this will keep it between the fingers. As it is, it is smooth plastic. I am trying to remember to pick it up by the sides or near the bottom.
5. It says on the quick start and user guides to PRESS the reset button. The quick start guide has an arrow pointing to a reset button but in the user guide it says it is a reset hole. There is an unmentoned bent wire that fell out of the packaging that if you bend it just right you can get it in the hole and you hear a click that may indicate reset. You could also use a paperclip I suppose.
I might have missed something.
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted January 8, 2012