- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted July 8, 2010
After getting the new Toys & Games and B&N@School departments in at my store, I bought this for my nine-year old cousin who is more of a hand-on learner.
The instructions are easy to follow, and each recipe is accompanied by a "Science Lesson" (a brief explanation of the science behind the candy making process), as well as a "History Lesson" (which gives the history of each candy). There are recipes for lollipops, gummi candy, liquid candy, marshmallows, and more.
- It actually makes real candy, not just congealed goo like similar children's toys. My biggest worry going in was that I'd have to face my cousin's disappoint when his candy turned into inedible gunk.
- You can mix and max flavors (Watermelon, Grape, & Raspberry), and adjust the "sour factor."
What could be better:
- The corn syrup is messy, and comes in big packets that contain more than is needed for any individual recipe.
Something to know in advance:
- Not all of the ingredients are included, so be sure to have food coloring, sugar, and non-stick cooking spray handy.
Adult Supervision Required: Some of the recipes involve using the stove or microwave, so be prepared to set time aside to help. :)
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted December 20, 2013
It's made in a factory with allergens, so if your little one is allergic to nuts, don't buy it. Wish they would have noted this in the description before purchasing, as I now have to send it back!Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted October 20, 2010
I purchased the kit for my 8-year-old son because he loves to help me in the kitchen and he loves candy. So I thought this kit would be perfect. I was wrong! The candy tastes awful and the directions are too difficult for a child his age. Microwave cooking is involved which resulted in making a horribly, smelly, disgusting product he was unable to eat. Obviously, candy making should only be made on a stovetop. Even the sour powder was too gross to consume and it was the easiest of the candies to make. We ended up throwing away everything we made. The kit was a waste of time and money.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 18, 2010