- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted February 10, 2002
good book for all around game design
This book, while not great on the programming aspect, is a great book to learn all aspects of game design. It covers the creation of models (characters), sound effects, and more. However, the book does not go into great detail with code. 70% of the book was designing characters and music, while the other 30% touched upon programming. Also, the one game that was programmed (which was a very interesting First Person Shooter) contained code which was not explained very well. Overall, I'd recommend this book to complete newbies. If you know how to create a simple 3D game, however, don't bother with this book.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted January 11, 2002
This book is 3/4 filled with basic tutorials on using ACID Music, MilkShape, and file formats. While the last 1/4th covers basic programming in Visual Basic, no C or C++. Beware.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted January 16, 2002