- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted May 14, 2010
Quite Simply a Must Have for Investors
If you are through with the mutual fund buy and hold strategy and the headaches of rental property, then you must read this book. Buffett daughter-in-law Mary Buffett and David Clark detail the tools that have made Warren Buffett the most successful stock investor of our time.
In Mary's own words:
1) Warren will invest long-term only in companies whose future earnings he can reasonably predict.
2) The business generally has excellent business economics working in its favor.
3) These excellent business economics are usually made evident by consistently high returns on shareholders' equity, strong earnings, the presence of a "consumer monopoly" and management that functions with the shareholders' economic interests in mind.
4) The price you pay will determine your ROI.
5) Warren chooses the kind of businesses he would like to be in and then lets the price of the security and thus his expected rate of return, determine the buy decision.
6) Investing in certain business with exceptional economics at the right price will produce an annual compounding return of 15% or better.
7) Buffett has found a way to acquire other's people money so that he can profit from his investing expertise.
If you want to open Warren Buffett's tool-box and peak inside, then you should read this book.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.