- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted May 5, 2014
K picked this book up from his school library. This was a perfec
K picked this book up from his school library.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
This was a perfect book for K. Not only does he get to read about a sport he gets to read about dinosaurs as well.
With Dino-Football, you get a story told by rhyming with great pictures to go with what is being told. But who will win?
The Scales or the Blades? It is not a competition feel within the book like most stories tell with a sport. It is more fun, and will have you laughing at what the dinosaurs are going to be doing next to get the winning goal.
Totally recommend for the younger kids on up.
Posted May 18, 2012
I recently received an ARC of this book and read it with my 5 ye
I recently received an ARC of this book and read it with my 5 year old son.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
1. He loved the pictures. They were bright and full of action and kept his interest throughout.
2. He loved the competition aspect of the story. He picked a favorite team and rooted for them through the entire story just as if he were watching a real football game on tv.
3. This book made him feel like he had something in common with his dad who loves football.
1. I agree that the illustrations were fantastic. They were colorful and made us laugh.
2. The story itself is cute and is exciting when read aloud - reminiscent of a sports announcer calling plays during a live game. This really kept my son engaged and excited about the book.
3. There are quite a few football terms that many kids - younger children in particular - may not understand (for example: "Holding. Penalty declined," "tailgating," "coin toss" among others). My son did not understand all of these terms but we were able to have a conversation afterward about what they meant. For some kids this is a good opportunity to become more familiar with the game. For others this may detract from the story.
Overall this was a fun read and would be enjoyed by any sports and/or dinosaur fan.
Posted October 1, 2013
No text was provided for this review.