- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted December 19, 2013
Reviewed by Christina Marie at The Morning After Romance: Talent
Reviewed by Christina Marie at The Morning After Romance: Talented writer = Amazing read!
Just a few (aright 11) things about this lovely book.
1. Why didn't I read this sooner? Why didn't I know this book even existed?! This book is what's been missing from my life.
2. I'm exhausted from staying up well past my bedtime to read this.
3. For real. It's probably perfect. It was for me anyway. I think this book is my soul mate.
4. The characters have oodles of personality, and I wish they were real. Even the secondary ones. So I can smother them in love.
5. Smoking hot smexy times reside in this book. Like WOAH. My eyes bugged out of my head during the first steam scene. In a really, really, really good way. *clears throat*
6. I loved Jayden. He is endearing as hell, and worked some crazy "how to catch yourself a player" kung fu magic. It was epic. Kept Ryan so off kilter.
7. I also loved Ryan. He is messed up. I like messed up characters that grow into slightly less messed up versions of their former selves. I did think that Ryan's growth was a little expedited at one point, but I rolled with it.
8. I laughed a lot through this. I even chuckled. I don't remember the last time that happened. Jayden and Ryan's interactions are chuckle inducing. The first half of this is pretty dang hilarious.
9. Then it gets real. Angsty times reside in this book as well. I approve. Honestly, I don't think there was a lot. But I must admit that I like characters to go through some emotional trauma. It's possible I'm the kid on the playground with the magnifying glass over the ant colony.
10. Back to the smexy times, I just want to say that I really liked the descriptions because they were completely lacking flowery nonsense.
11. My heart is in pieces over the fact that I was prepared to devour the authors backlist when I finished this. This book is 50% of said backlist. I get so sad when that happens.
12. I'm done saying stuff. You should probably go read this now.
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted May 30, 2011
No text was provided for this review.