- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Posted March 7, 2006
taming the teacher
This is a wonderful book for any mom who's had to go to school meetings week after week trying to explain that your child is normal it's just that the teacher doesn't quite have the skills to teach a child who's normal. There's about 10% of children who are absolutely loved by the teachers and the parents and get straight A's could that be because of all the positive attention that child gets. This book teaches teachers how to cope with themselves so that they can teach the other 90% of children who don't or can't sit still for 40 minutes, who don't or can't stop talking, singing, whistling, grunting, groaning,and all the other noises that come out. This book gives some order and stability to the teacher so she knows it's not her per se. None of the colleges teach neurological disorders in the classroom setting. Unless the teacher is becoming a special ed teacher which most aren't and while these children are not special ed they're just as normal as they can be. This is where Teaching the Tiger comes in. Give it out the week before the meeting and the teachers seem to have a whole new outlook on teaching it's a lot more positive and less critical. This book has helped me in more ways then I could ever express. Every new school I buy enough for all the teachers and sit and talk with them about my sons and how we can work together to make their school year a positive and educational one. It's helped a lot until high school of course that's a different breed of teachers.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 9, 2004
This book really helped me a great deal to learn my son's conditions. It's a magnificant tool for use in school and home. I would recommend every parent, teacher and professional to get a copy of this book.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted September 21, 2000
Teaching the Tiger Hits the Nail on the Head!
This handbook is so informative on how to support different learning styles of the kids who struggle with these disorders. It gave me the tools I needed to educate my son's educators. It lists simple accomodations that are realistic and attainable and something every teacher should know.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted March 13, 2000
A MUST-HAVE BOOK FOR ALL TEACHERS
This is a wonderful book that really give specific details how to modify your classroom for students with OCD, ADD, and Tourette's Syndrome. I can not say enough about this book! Get this one! Highly Recommended for teachers and parents.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.