Customer Reviews for

The Professionals (Stevens and Windermere Series #1)

Average Rating 4
( 17 )
Rating Distribution

5 Star

(6)

4 Star

(7)

3 Star

(1)

2 Star

(1)

1 Star

(2)

Your Rating:

Your Name: Create a Pen Name or

Barnes & Noble.com Review Rules

Our reader reviews allow you to share your comments on titles you liked, or didn't, with others. By submitting an online review, you are representing to Barnes & Noble.com that all information contained in your review is original and accurate in all respects, and that the submission of such content by you and the posting of such content by Barnes & Noble.com does not and will not violate the rights of any third party. Please follow the rules below to help ensure that your review can be posted.

Reviews by Our Customers Under the Age of 13

We highly value and respect everyone's opinion concerning the titles we offer. However, we cannot allow persons under the age of 13 to have accounts at BN.com or to post customer reviews. Please see our Terms of Use for more details.

What to exclude from your review:

Please do not write about reviews, commentary, or information posted on the product page. If you see any errors in the information on the product page, please send us an email.

Reviews should not contain any of the following:

  • - HTML tags, profanity, obscenities, vulgarities, or comments that defame anyone
  • - Time-sensitive information such as tour dates, signings, lectures, etc.
  • - Single-word reviews. Other people will read your review to discover why you liked or didn't like the title. Be descriptive.
  • - Comments focusing on the author or that may ruin the ending for others
  • - Phone numbers, addresses, URLs
  • - Pricing and availability information or alternative ordering information
  • - Advertisements or commercial solicitation

Reminder:

  • - By submitting a review, you grant to Barnes & Noble.com and its sublicensees the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use the review in accordance with the Barnes & Noble.com Terms of Use.
  • - Barnes & Noble.com reserves the right not to post any review -- particularly those that do not follow the terms and conditions of these Rules. Barnes & Noble.com also reserves the right to remove any review at any time without notice.
  • - See Terms of Use for other conditions and disclaimers.
Search for Products You'd Like to Recommend

Recommend other products that relate to your review. Just search for them below and share!

Create a Pen Name

Your Pen Name is your unique identity on BN.com. It will appear on the reviews you write and other website activities. Your Pen Name cannot be edited, changed or deleted once submitted.

 
Your Pen Name can be any combination of alphanumeric characters (plus - and _), and must be at least two characters long.

Continue Anonymously

Most Helpful Favorable Review

2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.

I couldn't put this book down!

This is one of those books where I found myself rooting for the "bad" guys. Even though the four young adults in this novel were breaking the law by kidnapping people, they did it in such a humane way that it didn't seem like such a horrendous crime. The characters we...
This is one of those books where I found myself rooting for the "bad" guys. Even though the four young adults in this novel were breaking the law by kidnapping people, they did it in such a humane way that it didn't seem like such a horrendous crime. The characters were so richly drawn that I couldn't help but have an affinity for them. Once they went too far and had both law enforcement and the mob after them, I still wanted them to escape because of the rapport I felt for them. This was an excellent first novel and I look forward to reading more by Mr. Laukkanen.

posted by foothillgal on May 5, 2012

Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review

Most Helpful Critical Review

2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.

Good and bad moments throughout *No Spoilers*

I'm an avid reader who is frequently looking for a young new author to add to my favorites such as Scott Sigler and Joe Hill. When I saw this book at Barnes & Noble I was instant intrigued by its plot summary.

I enjoyed the fast pace, the character development and t...
I'm an avid reader who is frequently looking for a young new author to add to my favorites such as Scott Sigler and Joe Hill. When I saw this book at Barnes & Noble I was instant intrigued by its plot summary.

I enjoyed the fast pace, the character development and the constant shift of storytelling through three angles of 'professionals.' Because of this I was unable to put this book down.

Unfortunately after completing the 370 pages I am left with mixed feelings. I suppose it was caused by a review I read prior to reading the book. The review gave the book 5 stars and the reviewer was pleasantly surprised by the ending. My expectations increased and throughout reading I was constantly wondering how the book would end. Now that it is over, I have to say I am disappointed.

I give 90% of the book a 4 out of 5 and the remaining 10% of the book a 2 out of 5.

posted by SteveMacqueen on June 14, 2012

Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
Sort by: Showing 1 review with 3 star rating   See All Ratings
Page 1 of 1
  • Posted June 14, 2012

    Good and bad moments throughout *No Spoilers*

    I'm an avid reader who is frequently looking for a young new author to add to my favorites such as Scott Sigler and Joe Hill. When I saw this book at Barnes & Noble I was instant intrigued by its plot summary.

    I enjoyed the fast pace, the character development and the constant shift of storytelling through three angles of 'professionals.' Because of this I was unable to put this book down.

    Unfortunately after completing the 370 pages I am left with mixed feelings. I suppose it was caused by a review I read prior to reading the book. The review gave the book 5 stars and the reviewer was pleasantly surprised by the ending. My expectations increased and throughout reading I was constantly wondering how the book would end. Now that it is over, I have to say I am disappointed.

    I give 90% of the book a 4 out of 5 and the remaining 10% of the book a 2 out of 5.

    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
Sort by: Showing 1 review with 3 star rating   See All Ratings
Page 1 of 1