Customer Reviews for

When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

Average Rating 4
( 48 )
Rating Distribution

5 Star

(32)

4 Star

(5)

3 Star

(5)

2 Star

(2)

1 Star

(4)

Your Rating:

Your Name: Create a Pen Name or

Barnes & Noble.com Review Rules

Our reader reviews allow you to share your comments on titles you liked, or didn't, with others. By submitting an online review, you are representing to Barnes & Noble.com that all information contained in your review is original and accurate in all respects, and that the submission of such content by you and the posting of such content by Barnes & Noble.com does not and will not violate the rights of any third party. Please follow the rules below to help ensure that your review can be posted.

Reviews by Our Customers Under the Age of 13

We highly value and respect everyone's opinion concerning the titles we offer. However, we cannot allow persons under the age of 13 to have accounts at BN.com or to post customer reviews. Please see our Terms of Use for more details.

What to exclude from your review:

Please do not write about reviews, commentary, or information posted on the product page. If you see any errors in the information on the product page, please send us an email.

Reviews should not contain any of the following:

  • - HTML tags, profanity, obscenities, vulgarities, or comments that defame anyone
  • - Time-sensitive information such as tour dates, signings, lectures, etc.
  • - Single-word reviews. Other people will read your review to discover why you liked or didn't like the title. Be descriptive.
  • - Comments focusing on the author or that may ruin the ending for others
  • - Phone numbers, addresses, URLs
  • - Pricing and availability information or alternative ordering information
  • - Advertisements or commercial solicitation

Reminder:

  • - By submitting a review, you grant to Barnes & Noble.com and its sublicensees the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use the review in accordance with the Barnes & Noble.com Terms of Use.
  • - Barnes & Noble.com reserves the right not to post any review -- particularly those that do not follow the terms and conditions of these Rules. Barnes & Noble.com also reserves the right to remove any review at any time without notice.
  • - See Terms of Use for other conditions and disclaimers.
Search for Products You'd Like to Recommend

Recommend other products that relate to your review. Just search for them below and share!

Create a Pen Name

Your Pen Name is your unique identity on BN.com. It will appear on the reviews you write and other website activities. Your Pen Name cannot be edited, changed or deleted once submitted.

 
Your Pen Name can be any combination of alphanumeric characters (plus - and _), and must be at least two characters long.

Continue Anonymously

Most Helpful Favorable Review

2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.

Funny

Excellent book, written by someone who is not bitter but thoughtful and who will be sorely missed.

posted by Anonymous on July 4, 2008

Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review

Most Helpful Critical Review

1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.

40% Inventive Thought, 60% Ravings of a Crazy Old Man

George Carlin demonstrates many of the traits that have made him so very successful over the years throughout this book. It is witty and relatively fast paced (at least 40% of it is). The remaining 60% however is wasted on the ramblings on an old man who many have sli...
George Carlin demonstrates many of the traits that have made him so very successful over the years throughout this book. It is witty and relatively fast paced (at least 40% of it is). The remaining 60% however is wasted on the ramblings on an old man who many have slipped off his rocker. Nevertheless, it's worth a read.

posted by Anonymous on September 24, 2006

Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
Sort by: Showing 1 – 20 of 33 review with 5 star rating   See All Ratings
Page 1 of 2
  • Anonymous

    Posted July 4, 2008

    Funny

    Excellent book, written by someone who is not bitter but thoughtful and who will be sorely missed.

    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted February 22, 2007

    Love, Love This Man!

    I love, love, love this man! He does say what you are thinking whether you want to admit it or not. He isn't trying to push his ideas or thoughts on you but he sure does make you think. It was a great read & entertaining!

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted November 14, 2005

    A must read for those not afraid of comedy with no barriers

    Hilarious read!! Carlin fans should love this book, those that offend at the slightest joke should not read this one. His comments on religion are almost as funny as the very belief systems he mocks!

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted November 11, 2005

    Pork Chops are made out of Pork. Thank You

    Great humor about everyday things that no one else has said before or at least made it funny.

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted June 29, 2005

    George Carlin is still one of the best comedians ever!

    This book is hilarious! People with no sense of humor shouldnt read this book.

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted December 19, 2004

    It is what everyone thinks, but is afraid to admit.

    The truth stings a little but if you listen to the message with an open mind, you will be saved! Enjoy and learn!

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted November 14, 2004

    Best Carlin Ever!

    Carlin, as usual, rips on everyone, not just the right or left, or the politically correct. Assumptions are challenged. Sacred cows are shredded into hamburger, then grilled to perfection and served with a generous helping of sarcasm.

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted November 11, 2004

    Philosophy at it's Best

    Like the previous George Carlin books, this one has made my mind set alot different. Each time I read one of his books I look at the world/culture/society in a different way. This isnt something you want to read if you dont like the truth or if you are someone that George critisizes (Liberalists, Feminists, ect). As for the previous comment that 'Kim' made about it being better to burn, well she is probably one of those people.

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted October 22, 2004

    The best book Carlin has released yet

    Like his previous two books, 'When will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?' is all you could want from Carlin and more. The humor and wit is second to none; there wasn't a subject he wasn't willing to cover.

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted October 22, 2004

    Rollicking humor!

    Great laughs from cover to cover! As ever, Carlin's powers of observation and sense of word play make us see the world in a totally different way. A great read!`

    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted November 30, 2011

    Not one of his better efforts

    It seems like Carlin phoned this one in, trading in his insightful, witty wordplay for cynical grumpiness, sprinkled with some random, disjointed musings.

    For a better experience of his true genius, try Brain Droppings and Napalm And Silly Putty.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted June 24, 2010

    I Also Recommend:

    One Of His Best

    Great stuff by a master of his art.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted October 15, 2004

    Another Masterpiece by George!!!

    Carlin has yet again written another non-stop page turning masterpiece. It may not be the same form as Stephen King, but I cannot resist to finish one of Carlin's books the minute I get it. Now many people have said to me hes not a real author, or does not write real books..blah..blah...blah to them. His books provide criticism and witticism about todays modern society. Any fan of Carlin should defintley read this.

    Was this review helpful? Yes  No   Report this review
  • Anonymous

    Posted January 23, 2009

    No text was provided for this review.

  • Anonymous

    Posted April 4, 2011

    No text was provided for this review.

  • Anonymous

    Posted June 22, 2011

    No text was provided for this review.

  • Anonymous

    Posted October 14, 2009

    No text was provided for this review.

  • Anonymous

    Posted February 1, 2011

    No text was provided for this review.

  • Anonymous

    Posted November 20, 2011

    No text was provided for this review.

  • Anonymous

    Posted December 2, 2011

    No text was provided for this review.

Sort by: Showing 1 – 20 of 33 review with 5 star rating   See All Ratings
Page 1 of 2