×

Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.

For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.

Living with Depression: Why Biology and Biography Matter along the Path to Hope and Healing
     

Living with Depression: Why Biology and Biography Matter along the Path to Hope and Healing

4.8 5
by Deborah Serani
 

See All Formats & Editions

ISBN-10: 1442210567

ISBN-13: 9781442210561

Pub. Date: 05/31/2011

Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.

One out of four Americans will experience mental illness in their lifetime; major depressive disorder is the leading cause of disability in the United States for ages 15 through 44. However, only a fraction of those suffering will seek treatment; 25 percent will seek treatment for symptoms. Stigma claims the other 75 percent, wedging depressed individuals into a

Customer Reviews

Average Review:

Post to your social network

     

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

See all customer reviews

Living with Depression: Why Biology and Biography Matter along the Path to Hope and Healing 5 out of 5 based on 0 ratings. 3 reviews.
OneFrogCan More than 1 year ago
By sharing her own experience with depression, combined with her wealth of knowledge regarding available treatments, Deb weaves an accessible work that's a must read for anyone experiencing depression or dealing with the depression of another. I found this book very helpful personally and have recommended it to many people. It's my go-to book on the subject.
davdunc More than 1 year ago
Excellent book for depression sufferers and their friends and families to better understand the struggle with the illness that is increasingly affecting many people's lives and their relationships with one another. Well, what are you waiting for?...Go get it!
Anonymous More than 1 year ago