- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Spend $25, Get FREE SHIPPING
Member Program Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (this "Agreement") govern the Barnes & Noble Free Two-Month Membership Program offer, with respect to Free 2-Month Membership enrollment only at Barnes & Noble.com ("BN.com"). The Barnes & Noble Member Program is a joint loyalty program brought to you by Barnes & Noble Inc. and Barnesandnoble.com llc (collectively "we," "us," "our," "ours"). Purchase or use of any membership in the Barnes & Noble Member Program ("Membership") at any time subjects the purchaser or user ("you," "your," "yours," "Member") to the provisions of this Agreement, as amended from time to time.
*The Free two-month Membership is for new Members only who have not previously enrolled in the Membership Program, and is free with a credit or debit card purchase. The Free two-month term of Membership is two (2) months beginning on the date of enrollment.
The Barnes & Noble Member Program entitles new Members enrolling in Free Two-Month Membership to the following benefits:
1. The following everyday discount (the "Everyday Member Discount") on eligible purchases made at Barnes & Noble and Bookstar retail stores ("Barnes & Noble Stores").
- 40% off the list price of the current hardcover Barnes & Noble Store Bestsellers. Applies to the 10 fiction hardcover bestsellers and 10 non-fiction hardcover bestsellers based on sales at Barnes & Noble Stores and designated by Barnes & Noble from time to time.
- 10% off the marked Barnes & Noble sale price of other eligible items. Does not apply to hardcover Barnes & Noble Store Bestsellers.
2. The following benefit on eligible purchases made at BN.com and on ship-to-home orders placed at Barnes & Noble Stores.
- Free Express Shipping. Applies to orders made at BN.com and on Ship-to-Home orders placed at Barnes & Noble Stores, shipped within the continental U.S. only. The following items are not eligible for Free Express Shipping: items purchased from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.) Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, Magazines, digital content (including but not limited to eBooks, digital magazines and periodicals), SparkNotes and Quamut PDF files, Audiobook MP3s, Barnes & Noble Memberships, unusually sized or overweight items, or any item not identified as eligible for free shipping. Orders shipped to P.O. Boxes and APOs, or to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. Protectorates are not eligible for Express 3-Day shipping but will ship free.
- We do our best to estimate delivery dates for your purchase. The total delivery time it will take for your BN.com order to arrive is a combination of shipping availability time and delivery time. The shipping availability time of products on BN.com tells you how quickly products are expected to be ready to leave our warehouses; this shipping availability is provided on the product detail page. The delivery time means 1-3 business days. For example, when an item is marked "Usually ships within 24 hours," this means the order will leave our warehouse within 24 hours and will arrive within 1-3 business days of leaving our warehouse. Orders containing pre-ordered items will not ship until ALL items are in stock.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office and UPS, such as New Year's Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Delivery times are not guaranteed. Sometimes the availability of the items in your order may change while we are processing your order. In this event, you will receive an email notifying you of a delay, and the remaining eligible items in your order will be shipped as scheduled.
3. Periodic special promotions for Members at Barnes & Noble Stores and at BN.com.
(a) For the Everyday Member Discount or other benefit to apply, the Membership account must be active and available at the time of purchase. Members will NOT be reimbursed retroactively for purchases made without an active and available Membership at the time of purchase.
(b) The Everyday Member Discount is only valid on eligible purchases at any Barnes & Noble Store. The Everyday Member Discount is not available on purchases of the following: products or services at BN.com, products or services at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores or websites, Gift Cards; eGift Cards; NOOK® devices, digital content (including but not limited to eBooks, digital magazines and periodicals); NOOK accessories; other hardware and electronics; software; Rosetta Stone product; downloadable audiobooks in MP3 or any other format; gift-wrapping fees; shipping and handling fees; Membership fees (new or renewal); or any printing costs associated with the Barnes & Noble Print Books on Demand service.
(c) The Everyday Member Discount will be applied after all eligible discounts and deductions (e.g., non-Member discounts, seasonal sale discounts, etc.) are applied, except for coupons or where otherwise noted. Coupon discounts will be applied after the Member discount.
(d) The Everyday Member Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any coupons or with any corporate or prearranged group discounts, unless specifically stated. Such exclusion includes the following, without limitation: Educator discounts; employee discounts; corporate or institutional discounts.
(e) Memberships are for individual use only and are non-transferable. When used online at BN.com, a Member number may only be associated with one BN.com account.
(f) We expect Members to submit and maintain accurate and current user information in connection with their Memberships. Such information includes name, address, email address, and telephone number. Periodically we will utilize the National Change of Address (NCOA) system to update the mailing address of accounts in our database, through information provided by the United States Postal Service. Members can change their account information by (i) updating Member profile data through your authenticated www.bn.com account, (ii) requesting an update from a Bookseller at the customer service information desk of any Barnes & Noble Store, or (iii) calling Member Services at 1-866-238-READ (Members located outside of the U.S. should call 201-272-3715). We cannot assume any liability for correspondence, mail or e-mail that is lost, delayed, or misdirected.
The annual Membership fee for a one-year term of Membership is currently $25. Membership fees are subject to taxation in accordance with applicable federal or state law. The annual Membership fee of $25 does not include applicable taxes. We may change the Membership fee at any time, but changes will apply only to new and renewal Memberships.
Membership fees are not refundable. However, we will refund the new or renewal Membership fee within thirty (30) days of the purchase date of the new or renewal Membership or the Automatic Renewal charge date of the Membership, i) if you did not use your Membership to obtain an eligible discount or benefit during the new or renewal Membership term; or ii) if your Membership was renewed during your current Membership term and the renewal Membership term has not yet started.
The term for the Free two-month Membership is two (2) months beginning on the date of your enrollment.
The Free two-month Membership may be cancelled by you at any time prior to the expiration date of the Free two-month Membership term and your credit or debit card will not be charged. You can cancel the Free two-month Membership (i) by notifying Member Services by telephone, at 1-866-238-READ, or (ii) by electing to cancel your Membership through your authenticated BN.com account.
If you elect not to cancel your Free two-month Membership, then upon expiration of the Free two-month Membership term, you will be automatically charged for a full one-year term of Membership.
The resulting one-year term of Membership (referred to as "Automatic Renewal Membership") will automatically renew each year at the then-current fee, approximately one month prior to your Membership expiration date, for additional one-year terms that commence on the day after the previous term ends unless (i) you notify Member Services by telephone, at 1-866-238-READ, of your decision to opt out of Automatic Renewal Membership; (ii) you have elected to opt-out of Automatic Renewal Membership through your authenticated BN.com account, or (iii) your Membership is cancelled or we terminate your Membership.
Membership fees in the amount of $25 (plus applicable taxes in accordance with state laws), will be billed automatically to the credit or debit card we currently have on file, obtained as follows:
- When you enroll in the Free two-month Membership online at BN.com, or if you renew your Membership for a full term online at BN.com and you select Automatic Renewal, the Membership fee will be billed to: (i) the form of payment we currently have on file for you that was active in your BN.com account at the time of the enrollment or the renewal, (ii) the form of payment we currently have on file for you that you provided to us when making a purchase with your Member card at BN.com, or (iii) the form of payment we currently have on file for you that you updated through your authenticated BN.com account or by calling Member Services at 1-866-238-READ; or
- If you renew your Membership for a full term in a Barnes & Noble Store and your account shows that you have agreed to Automatic Renewal, the Membership fee for subsequent renewals will be billed to: (i) the form of payment we currently have on file for you that was used to enroll in the Membership, (ii) the form of payment we currently have on file for you that you provided to us at the time of renewal, or when making a purchase with your Member card at BN.com, or (iii) the form of payment we currently have on file for you that you updated through your authenticated BN.com account, or by calling Member Services at 1-866-238-READ.
(a) You have the right to cancel your Membership at any time. For information on cancelling the Free two-month Membership, see Section: FREE TWO-MONTH MEMBERSHIP; TERM AND RENEWAL. If you cancel your paid one-year term of Membership, you will only be entitled to a full refund of your new or renewal Membership fee within thirty (30) days of the purchase date of the new or renewal Membership or the Automatic Renewal charge date of the Membership, i) if you did not use your Membership to obtain an eligible discount or benefit during the new or renewal Membership term; or ii) if your Membership was renewed during your current Membership term and the renewal Membership term has not yet started. No refunds will be available after such thirty (30) day period (unless we terminate the Barnes & Noble Member Program in its entirety; see subsection below regarding program termination). Subject to the foregoing, you may cancel your Membership by: (i) calling Member Services at 1-866-238-READ (Members located outside of the U.S. should call 201-559-3886), (ii) contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (iii) presenting your Member card at the Customer Service desk, for Memberships (new or renewed) purchased at Barnes & Noble Stores.
(b) We may terminate your Membership, including any associated accounts, without notice, for any reason in our sole discretion, including without limitation our belief that continued use of such Membership would violate any provisions of this Agreement, applicable law, or otherwise be harmful to our interests. In the event of any such termination, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Paid Membership fee.
(c) We may terminate any or all of the benefits available under the Barnes & Noble Member Program at any time with or without notice. In the event of our termination of the Barnes & Noble Member Program, at our election we will either maintain your Membership benefits until expiration of the Membership current term or refund each Member a pro rata portion of the Paid Membership fee for the remaining portion of the current Paid Membership term.
USE OF THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM AND ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATED BENEFITS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
BARNES & NOBLE, INC., BARNESANDNOBLE.COM LLC, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY "MEMBERSHIP PROVIDERS") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
MEMBERSHIP PROVIDERS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM YOUR USE OF THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
MEMBERSHIP PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF MEMBERSHIP PROVIDER HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM OR ANY BENEFITS THEREOF; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED VIA THE USE THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM DATA; OR (iv) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE BARNES & NOBLE MEMBER PROGRAM.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This Agreement, and the respective rights and obligations of the parties hereunder, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of law principles.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any breach thereof) or the Barnes & Noble Member Program shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (including without limitation the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes), and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated with any claim or controversy of any other party. The foregoing shall not preclude Barnes & Noble, Inc. or Barnesandnoble.com llc from seeking any injunctive relief in State or Federal courts for protection of their respective intellectual property rights (including such rights of their respective licensors).
This Agreement, including all documents referenced herein, represents the entire understanding between us and any user of the Barnes & Noble Member Program with respect to the Barnes & Noble Member Program and supersedes any other agreements, statements or representations. Headings used in this Agreement are for reference only and shall not affect the meaning of any terms. Any user of any portion of the Barnes & Noble Member Program is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time without notice or liability by posting a revised Agreement on the Member Program website located at BN.COM/membership. Any change shall take effect immediately, unless otherwise provided. You may view the current version of this Agreement at any time online at BN.COM/membership. You may also obtain a copy at any Barnes & Noble store or by calling Member Services at 1-866-238-READ (Members located outside of the U.S. should call 201-559-3886).
This Agreement was last modified on June 2, 2014.