Irene van der Zande is the founder and executive director of Kidpower International, a global nonprofit dedicated to teaching child protection, positive communication, and personal safety skills. Since 1989, Kidpower has protected over 2.5 million children, teens, and adults, including those with special needs, from bullying, abuse, kidnapping, and other violence through providing educational resources and in-person workshops. Kidpower's Positive Practice Teaching Method is recommended by educators, law enforcement officials, mental health experts, martial artists, and parents worldwide for being upbeat, effective, and empowering.
10 Bilingual People Safety Assignments in English and Spanish: Teaching Children and Youth Ages 5 to 14 How to Be Safe With Peopleby Irene van der Zande, Amanda Golert, Kidpower International
The purchase price of this book includes a license giving permission for the owner to make up to 30 copies a year of the assignments to use with children in your own immediate
These cartoon-illustrated activities in English and Spanish can help to keep kids safe from most bullying, abuse, kidnapping, and other violence by empowering them with knowledge and skills.
The purchase price of this book includes a license giving permission for the owner to make up to 30 copies a year of the assignments to use with children in your own immediate family, individual classroom, or small youth group.
These assignments are from Kidpower International's fun, empowering, and effective personal safety and positive peer curriculum. Successful practice of "People Safety" skills and knowledge can prepare young people to increase their confidence, develop better relationships, and take charge of their emotional and physical safety and well being.
In this book, you will find these short cartoon-illustrated assignments that can be used in a classroom, youth group, or family to introduce and reinforce these Kidpower "People Safety" Skills in English and Spanish:
• Awareness, Calm, and Confidence/Mantente Alerta, Calmado, y Confiado
• Moving Out of Reach/Moviéndote Fuera de Alcance
• Checking and Thinking First to be Safe/Preguntar y Pensar Primero
• Stranger Safety/Seguridad con Extraños
• Safety Plans for Emergency Situations/Planes de Seguridad - Emergencias
• Yell, Leave, and Get Help/Grita, Vete, Y Obtiene Ayuda Si Te Sientes Asustado
• Protecting Yourself From Hurtful Words/Protegiéndote A Ti Mismo de Palabras Hirientes
• Stopping Unwanted Touch and Teasing/El Poner Alto al Acoso Físico Y Verbal
• Getting Help/Obteniendo Ayuda
• Bullying Prevention/Seguridad Personal para Detener la Intimidación
To learn more about Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International's workshops, consultation, and other educational resources, visit www.kidpower.org.
All income from books sales helps our nonprofit organization create and provide extensive free and affordable educational resources.
- CreateSpace Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.29(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >