The mysteries behind the world's most enigmatic faithrevealed!
What is catechism?
Why do Catholics turn to the saints for inspiration?
What is purgatory?
101 Things Everyone Should Know About Catholicism crystallizes these and other key components of this influential, enduring faith. Whether you're curious about the symbolic meanings of Mass or intrigued by the deeper significance of the seven Sacraments, this book answers all your questions. Inside this compact yet comprehensive volume, you'll also learn about:
- Major events that have shaped Church history
- The Catholic understanding of Heaven and Hell
- The structure of Church hierarchy
- The Catholic interpretation of scripture
- The significance of major Catholic holidays
- Modern-day challenges and reform movements
Encompassing everything from the birth of Jesus to Vatican II and beyond, this thoughtful, engaging guide provides a wealth of indispensable information.