- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The 2004 edition of INTRAVENOUS MEDICATIONS, the best-selling intravenous therapy handbook, is updated throughout with hundreds of new drug facts and 10 to 15 new monographs for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA. More than 350 drug monographs are presented in a clinically useful format. All drugs are indexed by generic and common trade names, as well as by pharmacologic action. Appendixes offer useful information on handling cytotoxic drugs, alternate choices for infrequently used drugs, FDA pregnancy categories, information for patients receiving immunosuppressive agents, and National Cancer Institute common toxicity grading criteria.
• Lists IV drugs alphabetically by generic name for quick clinical reference.
• Covers more than 350 IV drugs providing an unparalleled drug reference for clinicians in any setting.
• Displays dosing information on a single page or a two-page spread to ensure that the healthcare worker does not contaminate his or her hands by having to turn the page.
• Organizes information in concise, easily accessible chart form, where appropriate, under the following monograph subheadings: usual dose, dose adjustment, dilution, rate of administration, contraindications.
• Highlights dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients in separate sections to provide age-specific dosing information.
• Lists all side effects, compatibilities, and incompatibilities in alphabetical order to assist in a quick review of this information.
• Uses extensive cross referencing within monographs to ensure all pertinent information is readily accessible.
• Notes unlabeled drug uses, when applicable, to provide information on other possible uses.
• Includes drug specifics for monitoring, pregnancy, patient education, and elderly to cover specialized areas of patient care.
• Indexes drugs by generic and trade name to accommodate quick location of the desired drug monograph.
• Provides quick, valuable, guidance with IV Therapy Facts and appendices.
• Presents General Dilution (inside front cover and facing page) and Solution Compatibility Charts (inside back cover and facing page) to provide fast and easy reference in any clinical setting.
• Highlights key information such as headings and the beginning of each new drug monograph with a second color to help users find needed information quickly and easily.
• Supports practical use in any clinical environment with a portable size and convenient spiral binding.
• Identifies drugs available in Canada only with a Canadian maple leaf icon.
• Offers a companion website.
• Features hundreds of new and updated drug facts, including new dosage adjustments, indications, interactions, side effects, precautions, and additional disease-specific dosages.
• Incorporates 10 to 15 new monographs for IV drugs recently approved by the FDA to provide current information.
• Displays drug pronunciation within each monograph header to enhance communication between healthcare professionals.
• Includes updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts within monographs to ensure reliability and accuracy.
• Provides extensively updated drug compatibility sections to facilitate safe administration of drug combinations.
General Dilution Charts (Inside front cover and facing page)
How to Use This Book
Format and Content of Intravenous Medications
Key to Abbreviations
Important IV Therapy Facts
IV Drugs, A-Z
A Recommendations for the Safe Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs
B FDA Pregnancy Categories
C Alternate Choices for Infrequently Used Drugs
D Information for Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Agents
E National Cancer Institute Common Toxicity Grading Criteria
Diluent Compatibility Chart (last page and inside back cover)