- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Branson, MO
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Updated annually, this invaluable resource has been the preferred IV drug reference for over 30 years. More than 350 drugs are listed A to Z by generic name and cross-referenced by trade and generic name, so information on every drug is available in seconds. New monographs for approximately 10 IV drugs recently approved by the FDA provide the most current IV drug information, while hundreds of new and updated facts ensure that practitioners are kept up to date on every drug they're likely to administer.
• Covers more than 350 IV drugs, listed alphabetically by generic name for quick reference.
• Includes more than 100 charts detailing dosing and dilution guidelines, recommended dose modifications, combination schedules, infusion rates, and more.
• Displays dosing information on a single page or a two-page spread
• Provides extensively updated drug compatibility sections to facilitate safe administration of drug combinations.
• Lists all side effects, compatibilities, and incompatibilities in alphabetical order.
• Highlights dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
• Includes drug specifics for monitoring, pregnancy, patient education, and elderly.
• Features a portable size of 5 x 8 1/2 and flexible spiral binding.
• Presents General Dilution Charts (inside front cover) and Solution Compatibility Chart (inside back cover) to provide fast and easy reference in any clinical setting.
• Provides quick, valuable guidance with IV Therapy Facts and appendices.
• Incorporates information on 14 recently-approved IV drugs.
• Features hundreds of new and updated drug facts, including new dosage adjustments, indications, interactions, side effects, precautions, and additional disease-specific dosages.
General Dilution Charts (inside front cover)
How to Use This Book
Evolve Website Information
Format and Content of Intravenous Medications
Key to Abbreviations
Important IV Therapy Facts
IV Drugs, A-Z
Appendixes: Recommendations for the Safe Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs; FDA Pregnancy Categories; Alternate Choices for Infrequently Used Drugs; Information for Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Agents; National Cancer Institute Common Toxicity Grading Criteria
Solution Compatibility Chart (inside back cover)