2008 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals / Edition 24by Betty L. Gahart, Adrienne R. Nazareno
Pub. Date: 08/08/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Use the IV drug reference more health professionals trust. The #1 bestselling IV drug handbook for 35 years is published annually to provide the most current IV drug information possible. The 2008 edition is updated throughout with hundreds of new drug facts and 8 new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA. This portable IV drug handbook includes all essential data
Use the IV drug reference more health professionals trust. The #1 bestselling IV drug handbook for 35 years is published annually to provide the most current IV drug information possible. The 2008 edition is updated throughout with hundreds of new drug facts and 8 new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA. This portable IV drug handbook includes all essential data for administering more than 350 FDA-approved generic IV drugs. The alphabetical organization - as well as indexing by generic name, all common trade names, and pharmacologic action - makes drugs easy to find. Its clinically useful format and consistent, comprehensive, and reliable information are hallmarks of this bestseller.
• UNIQUE! Acclaimed as the #1 intravenous drug reference for 35 years and trusted for accuracy and comprehensive coverage of more than 350 intravenous drugs.
• Provides complete information for each drug including generic name (with a phonetic pronunciation guide), common trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, compatibilities and incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses (including unlabeled uses), contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidotes.
• Lists IV drugs alphabetically by generic name with indexes of drugs by generic name, trade name, and drug category for quick clinical reference.
• UNIQUE! Displays dosing information on a single page or a two-page spread.
• Highlights dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients in separate sections to provide age-specific dosing information.
• UNIQUE! Includes over 100 charts detailing dosing and dilution guidelines, recommended dose modifications, combination schedules, infusion rates, and more.
• Uses extensive cross referencing within individual drug descriptions to ensure all pertinent information is readily accessible.
• Portable size and flexible spiral binding make it ideal for use in any setting.
• Presents General Dilution Charts and a Solution Compatibility Chart inside the front and back covers for fast, easy reference.
• Provides quick, valuable guidance with IV Therapy Facts and appendices.
• Identifies Canadian-only drugs with a maple leaf icon.
• PDA version available for use with portable handheld devices (ISBN: 978-0-323-05380-8).
• Access full details for 8 new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA, making this the most complete and current IV drug reference available.
• Quickly reference hundreds of new and updated drug facts, including new dosage adjustments, indications, interactions, compatibilities, side effects, precautions, and additional disease-specific dosages.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Series
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.98(w) x 7.66(h) x 1.81(d)
Table of Contents
General Dilution Charts (inside front cover and facing page)
How to Use This Book
Evolve Website Information
Format and Content of Intravenous Medications
Key to Abbreviations
Important IV Therapy Facts
A. Recommendations for the Safe Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs
B. FDA Pregnancy Categories
C. Information for Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Agents
D. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, and National Cancer Institute Common Toxicity Grading Criteria
E. Recently Approved Drugs
Solution Compatibility Chart (last page and inside back cover)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >