- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: tempe, AZ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from: Burgin, KY
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The #1 IV drug handbook for 36 years, this reference is trusted for its accuracy and comprehensive coverage. It provides essential data on administering more than 350 intravenous drugs, with a portable size for convenience in any clinical setting. This new edition includes entries for 9 new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA and hundreds of new drug facts. An alphabetical organization and indexing by both generic and trade names, along with pharmacologic actions, make it easy to find drug information quickly.
• Provides comprehensive information for each drug including its generic name (with a phonetic pronunciation guide), common trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, compatibilities and incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses (including unlabeled uses), contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidote.
• Lists IV drugs alphabetically by generic name with indexes of drugs by generic name, trade name, and drug category for quick clinical reference.
• UNIQUE! Displays dosing information on a single page or a two-page spread.
• Highlights age-specific dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients in separate sections.
• Lists all side effects, compatibilities, and incompatibilities in alphabetical order for quick review.
• UNIQUE! Includes over 100 charts detailing dosing and dilution guidelines, recommended dose modifications, combination schedules, infusion rates, and more.
• Uses extensive cross referencing within individual drug descriptions for quick access.
• Offers a portable size and flexible spiral binding for practical use in any setting.
• Presents General Dilution Charts and a Solution Compatibility Chart inside the front and back covers for fast, easy reference.
• Provides quick, valuable, guidance with IV Therapy Facts and appendices.
• Identifies drugs available only in Canada with a maple leaf icon.
• Offers a PDA version that may be installed from a CD or downloaded through Skyscape, for use with portable handheld devices.
• Adds entries for 9 new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA.
• Includes hundreds of new and updated drug facts, including new dosage adjustments, indications, interactions, compatibilities, side effects, precautions, and additional disease-specific dosages.
General Dilution Charts (inside front cover and facing page)
How to Use This Book
Evolve Website Information
Format and Content of Intravenous Medications
Key to Abbreviations
Important IV Therapy Facts
IV Drugs, A-Z
A. Recommendations for the Safe Use of Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs
B. FDA Pregnancy Categories
C. Information for Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Agents
D. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events
E. Recently Approved Drugs
Solution Compatibility Chart (last page and inside back cover)
Posted May 24, 2009
This is a great text for nursing students. I provides compatability on IV drugs as well as pharmacology information on the drugs. Wonderful nursing companion. If you are working with IV's this is an important reference to have.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.