- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The #1 IV drug handbook for 38 years, Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals is trusted for its accuracy and comprehensive coverage. It provides essential data on administering more than 350 intravenous drugs, with a portable size for convenience in any clinical setting. This edition includes entries for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA and hundreds of new drug facts. With an alphabetical organization and a detailed appendix of generic and trade names plus pharmacologic actions, this reference makes it easy to find drug information quickly.
• Provides comprehensive information for each drug including its generic name (with a phonetic pronunciation guide), common trade name(s), drug category, pH, dosages and dose adjustments, dilution, compatibilities and incompatibilities, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses (including unlabeled uses), contraindications, precautions, drug/lab interactions, side effects, and antidote.
• Lists IV drugs alphabetically by generic name with indexes of drugs by generic name, trade name, and drug category for quick clinical reference.
• Includes a Black Box Warning icon in the monograph heading to alert you to drugs that carry an FDA black box warning. The BBW text is also highlighted within the monograph.
• Highlights age-specific dose variances for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients in separate sections.
• Lists all side effects, compatibilities, and incompatibilities in alphabetical order for quick review.
• Presents General Dilution Charts and a Solution Compatibility Chart inside the front and back covers for fast, easy reference.
• Displays dosing information on a single page or a two-page spread.
• Includes over 100 charts detailing dosing and dilution guidelines, recommended dose modifications, combination schedules, infusion rates, and more.
• Offers a portable size and flexible spiral binding for practical use in any setting.
• Uses extensive cross referencing within individual drug descriptions for quick access.
• Provides IV Therapy Facts and appendices for quick, valuable guidance.
• Identifies drugs available only in Canada with a maple leaf icon.
• Also available in a PDA version for Palm, PocketPC, Blackberry, and iPhone/iPod Touch.
• Entries for new IV drugs recently approved by the FDA ensure you are using the most comprehensive and up-to-date information available.
• Hundreds of new and updated drug facts keep you current with the latest dosage adjustments, indications, interactions, compatibilities, side effects, precautions, and additional disease-specific dosages.
General Dilution Charts (inside front cover and facing page) How to Use This Book Evolve Website Information Format and Content of Intravenous Medications Key to Abbreviations Important IV Therapy Facts Resources IV Drugs, A-Z
Appendices: A. Recommendations for the Safe Use of Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs B. FDA Pregnancy Categories C. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events D. Information for Patients Receiving Immunosuppressive Agents E. Recently Approved Drugs Index Solution Compatibility Chart (last page and inside back cover)