- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A new and updated version of this best-selling resource!
Jones and Bartlett Learning 2012 Nurse’s Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference.
Updated annually, it provides:
• Accurate, timely facts on hundreds of drugs from abacavir sulfate to Zyvox
• Concise, consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically
• No-nonsense writing style that speaks your language in terms you use everyday
• Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names for quick reference
• Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category and controlled substance schedule
• Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
• Incompatibilities, contraindications; interactions with drugs, food, and activities; and adverse reactions
• Nursing considerations, including key patient-teaching points
• Vital features include mechanism-of-action illustrations showing how drugs at the cellular, tissue, or organ levels and dosage adjustments help individualize care for elderly patients, patients with renal impairment, and others with special needs
• Warnings and precautions that keep you informed and alert
New drug entries include:
• Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex
• Lurasidone Dydrochloride
Posted September 21, 2011
I purchased this drug book in July. I have been using it in class and choose it because I needed an updated drug book. However, I have found that I am not able to find some drugs in this book. For example, I am not able to find Percocet. I looked under both the trade and generic names and nothing.... So, that makes me wonder what other drugs aren't listed. Also as a nursing drug book, there aren't any interventions or listing under the drugs for the duration of the drug or the peak times of the drug. It has become quite unuseful. In addtion, on the back it says that you can go to a link provided and download a pda version or place it on your phone. When going to that link.... it was an additional $40.00 to do that. I have already bought the book. That should come as a convenience to having purchased the actual book. I wish I had realized this prior to the 14 day return policy because I definitely would have returned it.
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.