Susan Briscoe studied Visual Art and Drama at the University College of Wales before moving to Japan to teach English. Here she became fascinated by Japanese fabrics and their patchwork and quilting techniques. She has succeeded in combining her design and needlework skills with a need for practical accessories in her job as a footpath officer. Susan now writes and designs for needlecraft magazines and teaches bag making and sashiko quilting. She has exhibited at UK national quilting shows as well as in Japan. Susan Briscoe lives in Wrexham, North Wales.
21 Sensational Patchwork Bagsby Susan Briscoe
Acclaimed author Susan Briscoe presents and
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
These aren't your mother's handbags; they're better! Gone are the days of the basic black or brown bag that was built more for storage than for style. This exciting guide gives quilters the chance to show off their talents, add a fabulously unique bag to their own wardrobe or give as a gift, and learn new skills too.
Acclaimed author Susan Briscoe presents and irresistible new collection of patchwork bag designs to excite and inspire bag-lovers everywhere. From exquisite evening bags to practical portfolios and robust rucksacks, each project is presented with full step-by-step instructions and illustrations, allowing you to create your own unique accessories with ease, and prompting the question wherever you go: 'where did you get that bag?'
- 13 sets of detailed designs to create 21 stunning bags
- Directions for creating a variety of bags including a tuck-in-bag, backpack, saddle bag, and camera satchel
- Opportunities to delve into new techniques on a small scale before taking on bigger projects
- Essential advice about selecting fabric and securing comfortable carrying straps
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 31 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >