Read an Excerpt
A REAL MAN
1. Don't feel apologetic for your shape, size, or physical appearance.
2. Feel normal, even if by some standards you think you are not. It's the human being inside you that counts.
3. Fetishes: the most well-adjusted male fetishists we know are completely happy with their fetish and open about their interests.
4. This means that it doesn't matter what your lawful sexual interests are—it's YOU, your personality, that attracts (or doesn't attract) your woman.
5. But don't be vulgar. Research shows that although many men are excited by "filth," women are repelled. The sooner you get rid of anger and crudity, the more success you'll have.
real SEX DIFFERENCES
Research shows that there ARE some real sex differences between men and women (although in most respects, the two sexes are astoundingly similar).
6. Men are visual—they are actively turned on by what they SEE. This means that they don't have to lift a muscle to get an erection—just looking does most of it for them. Be unashamed of your frankly erotic reactions.
unreal SEX DIFFERENCES
What you learn is not quite the same as what you innately inherit. Men are more comfortable with their bodies, their genitals, and masturbation from a much earlier age than women. This is because men's sexual apparatus is positioned on the body where it can be easily located, even by a child of two. (Actually, it is easily located even earlier than that. Studies of baby boys have shown that quite tiny babies discover the joys of genital pleasure.) Boys get tons of practice at sex (with themselves) and gain an advantage over women there. And most societies in history have been less disapproving of boys' sexual curiosity.
BIG PENIS versus SMALL PENIS
There have been innumerable surveys of penis size, from the famous Kinsey Report to the infamous Forum magazine, so there is a fair consensus of "normality."
7. Eight or more inches is really big, but truthfully not better. It may fill up your woman satisfactorily, but if she is built small, you are also likely to be crashing into the far end of her cervix and causing serious pain or even womb displacement. Go for the doggy position or ask her to sit on top so she can control the depth of thrust. Remember that the average length of the human vagina is only six inches.
8. Two-and-a-half inches is small, but because the owners of these mini crown jewels have to put a little extra into stimulating their women, they are often the best lovers of the lot.
THE average PENIS
The normal range of penis size is from two-and-a-half inches to ten. Around five-and-a-half to six inches is the American and European average, although please note that penis size depends on the body type you inherit from your native ancestors. In the Far East, for example, where men inherit slim body size, the average can be as much as two inches less.
9. Warning: make sure your condoms fit BEFORE your sex tryst. Find the size that fits you properly. In Thailand, where penises aren't as big as those in the West, they only size condoms in superlatives—Jumbo, Colossal, and Super-Colossal.
GET THE MOST OUT OF your genitals
Lubrication inside the penile passage is provided by the Cowper's gland (inside the body). The penile shaft is filled with spongy tissue that fills up with blood during sexual excitement, thus producing an erection. The foreskin is the penis's natural protective wrapper. The glans is the head of the penis and exquisitely responsive. The scrotum is a carrying case for your balls (testicles) and keeps them at optimum temperature so that your valuable sperm get the best possible chance to score a hit. The perineum is the highly sensitive area between the back of the scrotum and the anus. The anus is densely packed with erogenous feeling.
AS HARD AS humanly possible
10. Consider taking muira puama—extracted from the Brazilian rain forest tree of the same name. Muira puama appears to increase blood flow in general and penis blood flow in particular. Dr. Jacques Waynberg of the Institute of Sexology in Paris says muira puama is one of the best herbs for sustaining optimal sexual performance.
One theory has it that muira puama contains a substance (beta sitosterol) that activates the body's receptors for hormones such as testosterone. The better the hormone works within our bodies, the higher the sex drive and performance we are likely to reach. An added bonus is that muira puama also guards against rheumatism, which is a double bonus for those wanting to continue their sex lives until they drop.
wild oats ARE GOOD FOR YOU
11. Eat your oatmeal every day.
In l986, the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality conducted a double-blind crossover study of men and women where some were given a wild oats formula to eat. A large portion of men reported increased sex drive, firmer erections, and increased sexual pleasure when taking the formula. Women reported increased sexual desire, increased sexual fantasy, and more vigorous pursuit of sexual fulfillment.
Theory behind the extraordinary oats? Dr. Ted McIlvenna reckons the plant possesses an enzyme that helps unbind testosterone from other substances in the body, thus giving the hormone a much greater aphrodisiac effect.
TRY AN ancient remedy
12. Get on the ginseng.
A new scientific examination of the fabulously reputed substance ginseng shows it to be an "adaptogen," that is, it helps you adapt to circumstances. If you are tired, ginseng will energize you. If you are overly anxious, ginseng will calm you down. But ginseng's most famous use is for enhancing sexual response and performance in both men and women. Chinese tests of ginseng show that it:
- Increases production of luteinizing hormone, which in turn stimulates the production of progesterone.
- Improves muscle development and increases stamina.
- Increases testosterone secretion in men and women— testosterone is now believed to be the main hormone responsible for sex drive and performance.
be a STALLION
13. Sorry guys, this isn't just nagging. If you want to be the ultimate sex machine with the hardest cock and the longest performance, you need to back off:
They really do screw up your sex life. Beer is particularly bad news for penises (brewer's droop is real) and the prostate gland. A Hawaiian study of more than 6,500 men over a period of seventeen years showed that it only takes three bottles of beer a month for men to develop prostate problems. This is because the beer increases the levels of a hormone called prolactin. Prolactin is also commonly associated with flagging sexual interest and performance. Also: two high-tar cigarettes smoked one after the other will swiftly reduce blood flow into the penis by up to one-third.
IT'S what you do with it THAT COUNTS
The imaginative lover uses his penis for much more than sexual intercourse. Try thinking of the penis:
14. As a massage stick—using a hand to guide it, plus a lot of massage oil, experiment with rolling your penis around your lover's body. The bonus is it feels fantastic for you as well as for her.
15. As a vibrator—manipulating your penis with your hand, use it to drum against her clitoris—women adore it.
16. As a sneaky snake—if your penis has an overpowering inclination to nestle within your woman's crevices, be these the armpit, between the breasts, or between the clefts of her buttocks, give in to the innocent, wild creature.
stock up THE SPERM TANKS
If the gypsy in you is longing to spread your seed, you'll be happy to know that there are methods of boosting the powers of the aforesaid seed.
17. Try eating foods rich in zinc—these include seeds and nuts. Adequate zinc is vital for the production of testosterone, for sperm formation, and for prostate health. So knock back a large handful of pumpkin seeds every day!
Hoping for a lot of oral sex? Which, naturally, she will be gasping for? Better aim at improving the smell and taste of your semen as an allurement.
18. Cut down on the pepper and salt—these make semen taste bitter.
19. Go for blander food such as french fries and peas for a "neutral" odor.
20. Eat cinnamon and sugar for a sweeter tang.
THE WELL-GROOMED penis
The fashion-conscious penis knows that if it wishes to attract women of superior quality, it needs to look good. Good grooming means:
21. Shampoo and set. It's cool to be clean.
22. Hair styling. Using razor and scissors, go for V-shaped, heart-shaped, or inverted pyramid-shaped pubes.
23. Smooth to touch—take a tip from African men and oil your wand—experiment with good stuff from The Body Shop, for instance.
Want the world's strongest and most flexible penis? Try Kegel exercises (anal-buttock muscle clenches). These consist of:
24. Twitching the penis ten times a session at least three times a day.
25. Raising your cock by degrees, as if you were erecting it in stages. Try pulling your cock up to 1) a low stage, 2) a medium height, and then 3) the summit. Then let it down again in the reverse sequence.
26. Ultimate test. Hang a tea towel on your penis and keep the towel horizontal for five minutes.
27. If you are over forty-five, you could be forgiven for reaching for the Viagra. Some men use this recreationally, but be warned, this is dangerous if you have a heart condition. Never mix Viagra with any other nitrite substance.
28. Remember, Viagra can take up to an hour to work, and nothing will happen unless you engage in foreplay.
29. Cialis is the newer, longer-acting anti-impotence drug. It may be effective for up to thirty-seven hours (if you have a free day). A similar drug is Levitra.
OR maintaining AN ERECTION
30. Below age forty-five, the problem is more likely to be psychological (always get a health exam to be sure). Remember, it is normal for all men to lose their erection sometimes—even James Bond once had impotence!
31. Cock rings or bands around the base of the penis can be helpful in cases of psychological erectile disorder.
32. Here's a piece of insider advice from movie star Cary Grant: "To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you're impotent. She can't wait to disprove it."
to snip OR NOT TO SNIP
A fierce battle has raged, probably since the beginning of time, on the merits of the circumcised versus the uncircumcised penis.
- Hygiene: prevents inflammation and painful swelling due to infection under the foreskin.
- Believed to reduce possibility of transmitting sexual disease and of receiving it.
- If you are a premature ejaculator, circumcision may slow you down—a little.
- You will never look the same again.
- You may desensitize your penis.
- It's a painful experience.
- Cosmetic surgery for reconstruction is expensive and isn't very effective.
General view: it probably doesn't matter much either way.