Publication of Prevention's Maximum Immunity couldn't be more timely. As health experts are ever more loudly sounding the alarm about the dangers of a flu pandemic and the general rise in treatment-resistant disease strains, men and women increasingly find themselves juggling hectic, stressful schedules that deplete their immune defenses.
Now Prevention, the magazine widely recognized as the premier source for cutting-edge, authoritative health information, examines the various lifestyle factors that influence immune function-including diet/nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress, and environment-to construct a scientifically sound, 28-day program that measurably improves the body's ability to ward off illness both short- and long-term. Developed specifically for this book, the program features:
- Daily menus of immune-boosting foods
- Daily tips to create an immune-friendly lifestyle
- The keys to maximum immunity-including moderate and consistent exercise, 2 servings of fruits and vegetables at every meal, adequate sleep, 15 minutes outdoors without sunscreen, and a few laughs whenever possible
- Targeted self-care strategies-ranging from nutritional supplements to behavioral changes-that enable anyone to tailor the program to fit individual needs
- Preventive and treatment measures that help people fight back against specific conditions, from allergies, asthma, and food poisoning Lyme disease, shingles, and pneumonia.