5 Christmas Plays for Childrenby Abingdon Press
• Christmas? Bah Humbug! uses one older youth or adult and nine or more children. Scrooge Jr. doesn't understand the reason for Christmas celebrations until a group
Five short dramas especially for children in elementary classes with non-speaking parts for younger children. Easily produced with minimum rehearsal time, simple props, and costumes. Includes:
• Christmas? Bah Humbug! uses one older youth or adult and nine or more children. Scrooge Jr. doesn't understand the reason for Christmas celebrations until a group of children share their understanding of Christmas through word, carols, and Scriptures. Running time 15 to 20 minutes.
• Everywhere, Everywhere Christmas Tonight uses up to twelve children. Parts can be divided for more children or combined for fewer children. Children share traditions from around the world, while reminding us that the one thing that never changes is that we celebrate because Jesus was born. Running time 15 to 30 minutes
• Christmas Hide and Seek is a play for children in grades one through three. It may be done as is or used for a "do-it-yourself" musical by inserting your choice of music after each scene. For eight children, running time is 15 to 30 minutes.
• The Birthday Gifts can use as few as five children or as many as you have! At a birthday party for Jesus, children come up with gifts to give Jesus. Running time 15 to 20 minutes.
• What the Animals Made Known can be done using a narrator and eight children. Parts can be expanded by adding additional children for bees, lightening bugs, and sheep. Instructions are included for simple masks. Running time 15 minutes.
- Abingdon Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.93(h) x 0.25(d)
- Age Range:
- 6 - 12 Years
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >