It's never too early to improve your reading skills!
5th Grade Reading Comprehension Prep was designed for the classroom, as well as the student and family looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
- Perfect for classroom use!
- Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
- Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 5th grade level
- Read through a range of different stories and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
- This collection of original stories was written by a Gifted and Talented teaching specialist and a Pulitzer Prize nominated author specifically for this app
- Each passage and question set takes approximately 7-10 minutes to complete
- Mix of fiction and non-fiction selections
- Works well in classrooms for independent study time
- Email your test results to share your score
- Increase your reading comprehension and your scores!
* No In-App Purchase required, all content is included *
Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards for 5th Grade:
- Explain the relationships or interactions between two or more individuals, events, ideas, or concepts in a historical or scientific text based on specific information in the text
- Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 5 topic or subject area
- Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text, identifying which reasons and evidence support which point(s)
- Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension
- Read on-level text with purpose and understanding
Teachers and parents - have your students email their scores from this app's assessment as a way to provide extra credit for improvement in their reading skills.
"I'm very impressed. Keep me updated when you get the 5th and 6th grade apps completed. Do all of them involve history? Since I homeschool, having the history with the reading is a great addition to a homeschool curriculum." - Nancy Daniels
"The selections are age appropriate and the responses to the questions are not too easy - some thought needs to go into it." - Mary Skummer, teacher
We love to hear from you!
Please send any feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org