A Call to Action: Taking Back Healthcare for Future Generationsby Hank A. McKinnell
Groundbreaking and provocative, A Call to Action reframes the dialogue on healthcare and offers people a way out of the zero-sum, win-or-lose game they now encounter. Distilling more than 30 years of experience in global healthcare, McKinnell provides concrete action steps to build cost-effective, inclusive healthcare that he believes can extend millions of lives… See more details below
Groundbreaking and provocative, A Call to Action reframes the dialogue on healthcare and offers people a way out of the zero-sum, win-or-lose game they now encounter. Distilling more than 30 years of experience in global healthcare, McKinnell provides concrete action steps to build cost-effective, inclusive healthcare that he believes can extend millions of lives and save billions of dollars over the next generation. He addresses:
- A new, prevention-based approach to employee healthcare
- Why pharmaceutical companies have lost trust, and what they must do to regain it
- Why Americans pay more for prescription drugs than people in Canada and Europe
- How competition can spur the healthcare industry to improve services and contain prices
- How new technologies can reduce medical errors and improve the dialogues between patient and doctor
- How we might lose the race between the world’s most insidious virus and the world’s best researchers
- How we can take more responsibility for our health
McKinnell also assesses the global challenge of infectious disease, particularly the pandemic of HIV. He demonstrates why this pandemic –the worst in human history –is beyond the scope of governments acting alone —and how, even in the face of devastating global catastrophes, public-private partnerships can deliver real hope.
The healthcare crisis can be brought under control. Sick-care systems can be changed to put patiens over payers. In this book, McKinnell offers a compelling case for change, and a plan of action to make healthcare systems work for us and our children.
Hank A. McKinnell joined PfizerJapan in1971 and, in 2001, was named as the twelfth chairman in Pfizer’s 156-year history. McKinnell’s illustrious career at Pfizer spans four decades and has brought him from a country manager position in pre-revolutionary Iran to leadership of the world’s largest pharmaceutical company. Along the way, he received accolades for both his leadership ability and business acumen. In 2003, McKinnell was honored with the United Nations Association of America's Global Leadership Award and, in 2004 he was counted among America's most powerful business leaders by Fortune magazine.
John Kador is the author and coauthor of ten business books, including the bestselling Net Ready.
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.32(w) x 9.50(h) x 0.91(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >