- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: La Grange, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This comprehensive guide highlights the benefits of co-teaching as a way to address NCLB and IDEA requirements so that all students have access to highly qualified teachers.
Preface: Why Co-Teach? What Experience, History, Law, and Research Say!
About the Authors
1. What Is Co-Teaching?
What Co-Teaching Is Not What Is Co-Teaching?
The Elements of Co-Teaching
2. The Day-to-Day Workings of Co-Teaching Teams What Does Co-Teaching Look Like? Four Approaches Who Co-Teaches?
Meet Three Co-Teaching Teams Roles and Responsibilities of Co-Teaching Partners Issues to Resolve in Planning Co-Teaching Lessons How Do We Know That We Truly Are Co-Teaching?
3. Supportive Teaching Vignettes: Supportive Teaching Analyzing the Cooperative Process in the Supportive Teaching Vignettes Frequently Asked Questions
4. Parallel Teaching Vignettes: Parallel Teaching Analyzing the Cooperative Process in the Parallel Teaching Vignettes Frequently Asked Questions
5. Complementary Teaching Vignettes: Complementary Teaching Teams in Action Analyzing the Cooperative Process in the Complementary Teaching Vignettes Frequently Asked Questions
6. Team Teaching Vignettes: Team Teaching in Action Analyzing the Cooperative Process in the Team-Teaching Vignettes Frequently Asked Questions
7. Students as Co-Teachers Vignettes: Students in Co-Teaching Roles Analyzing the Cooperative Process for Students as Co-Teachers Preparing Students to Be Co-Teachers The Research Base for Students as Co-Teachers Assessing Students as Co-Teachers Frequently Asked Questions
8. Meshing Planning With Co-Teaching Planning for Starting Out as Co-Teachers Finding and Creating Time for Ongoing Planning and Reflection Effective and Efficient Use of Planning Time Lesson Planning as Co-Teachers Planning for Professional Growth and Future Partnerships
9. From Surviving to Thriving: Tips for Getting Along With Your Co-Teachers Advice From Co-Teachers Keeping Communication Alive Understanding the Developmental Nature of Co-Teaching Relationships Managing Conflict Tips for Dealing With Challenging and Unproductive Behavior Tips for Avoiding Potential Problems
10. A Retrospective on Developing a Shared Voice Through Co-Teaching - Nancy Keller and Lia Cravedi-Cheng Nancy's Voice Lia's Voice Our Voice Our First Year - Developing Trust Year 2 - Sustaining Trust Final Reflections
11. Training and Administrative and Logistical Support for Co-Teaching Building a Vision Building the Skills and Capacity for Co-Teaching Incentives to Engage People in Co-Teaching Resources for Co-Teaching Summary Resource A: A Checklist of Sample Supplemental Supports, Aids, and Services Resource B: Examples of Supportive, Parallel, Complementary, and Team-Teaching Lesson Plans Glossary References Index