A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (Pmbok Guide) - 5th Edition / Edition 5by Project Management Institute
Pub. Date: 05/28/2013
Publisher: Project Management Institute
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Fifth Edition reflects the collaboration and knowledge of working project managers and provides the fundamentals of project management as they apply to a wide range of projects. This internationally recognized standard gives project managers the essential tools to practice project management and deliver organizational results.
• A 10th Knowledge Area has been added; Project Stakeholder Management expands upon the importance of appropriately engaging project stakeholders in key decisions and activities.
• Project data information and information flow have been redefined to bring greater consistency and be more aligned with the Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom (DIKW) model used in the field of Knowledge Management.
• Four new planning processes have been added: Plan Scope Management, Plan Schedule Management, Plan Cost Management and Plan Stakeholder Management: These were created to reinforce the concept that each of the subsidiary plans are integrated through the overall project management plan.
NOTE: Anyone who purchased the first and second printing of the PMBOK® Guide -- Fifth Edition will need to download the Errata Sheets at http://www.pmi.org/PMBOK-Guide-and-Standards/~/media/PDF/Standards/PMBOK_Guide_5th_Errata_2ndPrinting.ashx
- Project Management Institute
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.86(w) x 8.26(h) x 1.24(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
In reference to YMAJA, PMI updated the Body of Knowledge prior to 2013 and revised the PMBOK Guide to the 5th Edition published in January 2013. They allowed for a 6 Month period of transition for those that were trained under the older standards. This allowed them to take the older exam, based on the 4th Edition, while all new classes and training were based on the New Standards, the 5th Edition. The PMP is a very well respected credential in the Program and Project Management arena. This guide is quite weighty, however, it does encompass a lot of informaiton.
I ordered the book on Jan 22 still waiting to receive the book. Almost 14 days still did not received the book. B&N service is very bad. I placed another order from Amazon. They are shipping in a day or two.
Got the book as was advertised and the service and packaging was great. Got the book on time.
thorough approach to the Project Management processes... nice book and helpful
...A very thorough approach to the Project Management processes...
How could the Publication date be 1/28/2013 when the 5th edition exam was just released after July 31st? I just ordered this and am hoping I am not getting an old edition.