A History of Japan: Revised Editionby Richard Mason, John Caiger
Newly revised and updated, A History of Japan is a fascinating look at the nation of Japan throughout history. Starting in ancient Japan during its early pre-history period A History of Japan covers every important aspect of history and culture/i>/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A classic of Japanese history, this book is still the preeminent work on the history of Japan.
Newly revised and updated, A History of Japan is a fascinating look at the nation of Japan throughout history. Starting in ancient Japan during its early pre-history period A History of Japan covers every important aspect of history and culture through feudal Japan to the post-cold War period and collapse of the Bubble Economy in the early 1990's. Recent findings shed additional light on the origins of Japanese civilization and the birth of Japanese culture. Classic illustrations and unique pictures are dispersed throughout the book.
A History of Japan, Revised Edition includes:
- Archaic Japanincluding Yamato, the creation of a unified state, the Nana Period, and the Heian period
- Medieval Japan including rule by the military houses, the failure of Ashikaga Rule, Buddhism, and the Kamakura and Muroachi Periods periods
- Ealy Modern Japanincluding Japanese feudalism, administration under the Tokugawa, and society and culture in early modern Japan
- Modern Japanincluding The Meiji Era and policies for modernization, from consensus to crisis (1912-1937), and solutions through force
- Tuttle Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 5 MB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Mason's look at Japan is great for anyone who wants to know the history of the country from the early period until today. I used it for a class and loved it.