A History of Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia: Inner Eurasia from Prehistory to the Mongol Empire / Edition 1by David Christian
Pub. Date: 12/24/1998
This is a history of Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia from the time of the first inhabitants of the region up to the break up of the Mongol Empire in 1260AD. See more details below
This is a history of Russia, Central Asia and Mongolia from the time of the first inhabitants of the region up to the break up of the Mongol Empire in 1260AD.
Table of ContentsContents.
1. The Geography and Ecology of Inner Eurasia.
2. First Settlers: The Old Stone Age.
3. Hunters and Gatherers after the Ice Age.
4. The Neolithic Revolution: Seventh to Third Millennia BCE.
5. The Bronze Age: 3,000-1,000 BCE.
6. The 'Scythic' Era: 1,000-200 BCE.
7. Outer Eurasian Invasions and their Aftermath.
8. The Hsiung-Nu Empire.
9. 'Barbarian' Invasions before 500 CE.
10. Turkic Empires of the East.
11. Turkic Empires of Wester Inner Eurasia.
12. Mawara'n-nahr: Islamic Civilization in Central Asia.
13. The Origins of 'Rus'.
14. Before the Mongols: 1000-1220.
15. Chinggis Khan.
16. The Mongol Empire and a New 'World-System'.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >