- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The new edition offers increased value to students with its wide breadth of scholarship, including the addition of two new chapters covering life and culture in the classical Greek world. New pedagogical tools to assist students in mastering the material include: textboxes, a comprehensive chronological table of the West, mainland Greece, and the Aegean, and a glossary. The bibliography has been completely updated, and background sections have been added to three chapters.
List of Illustrations.
List of Figures.
List of Maps.
Note on References.
2. The Formation of the Delian League.
3. The Peloponnese in the Early Fifth Century.
4. Athens After the Persian Wars.
5. The Athenian Empire in the Mid Fifth Century.
6. Periclean Athens.
7. The Greeks in the West: The Rise of Syracuse.
8. The Peloponnesian War: Origins.
9. The Peloponnesian War: Resources and Strategies.
10. The Peloponnesian War: 431–421.
11. The Athens of Cleon.
12. The Peloponnesian War: 421–413.
13. The Peloponnesian War: 413–404.
14. Athens in the Late Fifth Century.
15. The Athenian Empire: Retrospect.
16. Life in the Classical Greek World.
17. Culture in the Classical Greek World.
18. Introduction to the Fourth Century: The Common Peace.
19. Sparta’s Imperialism and Collapse.
Appendix: Persia and its Rebels.
20. The Second Athenian League.
21. Thebes and Northern Greece.
22. Athens After the Peloponnesian War.
23. The Western Greeks from Dionysius I to Timoleon.
24. Philip II of Macedon.
Appendix: Persia and the Greeks in the Reign of Artaxerxes III.
25. Demosthenic Athens.
26. Alexander the Great: Sources and Outline.
27. Alexander the Great: Topics.
Posted June 28, 2014