- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chester, United Kingdom
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Organized by country and thereunder by county it contains the following Internet listings:
1. The record office or facility that holds official records, such as local authority archives (boroughs, rural districts, urban districts, etc.), larger public archives, and parish and Non- conformist archives.
2. Libraries, museums, societies, and other resources (in alphabetical order).
3. A section of information sites listing how-to information, local history sources, and so forth.
4. A selection of indexes, documents, maps, and publications in digitized form.
5. Sites containing links to other sites.
Considering the growth and daily transformation of cyber information, it is a good idea to maintain a paper trail. With this in mind, Instant Information on the Internet! helps pinpoint not only where information can be found on the Internet, but how to backtrack and reconstruct what has already been searched. While it is a stripped-down, no-frills guide to the most important genealogy sites in Britain and Ireland, it is also a handy reference book, published in the interest of simplifying and facilitating research.