A Instant Information On The Internet! The Genealogist's No-Frills Guide To The British Islesby Christina K. Schaefer
The second volume in the Instant Information on the Internet! series, this is a no-frills guide to the most important genealogy sites in Great Britain and Ireland. It tells how and where to locate records, contact other researchers, exchange information, and locate indexes that can be searched free of charge on a home computer. Designed specifically for speed and convenience, this second volume of Instant Information on the Internet! provides immediate access to the top tier of British and Irish genealogy resources on the Internet and is the logical starting point for genealogical research in this promising new medium.
Organized by country and thereunder by county it contains the following Internet listings:
1. The record office or facility that holds official records, such as local authority archives (boroughs, rural districts, urban districts, etc.), larger public archives, and parish and Non- conformist archives.
2. Libraries, museums, societies, and other resources (in alphabetical order).
3. A section of information sites listing how-to information, local history sources, and so forth.
4. A selection of indexes, documents, maps, and publications in digitized form.
5. Sites containing links to other sites.
Considering the growth and daily transformation of cyber information, it is a good idea to maintain a paper trail. With this in mind, Instant Information on the Internet! helps pinpoint not only where information can be found on the Internet, but how to backtrack and reconstruct what has already been searched. While it is a stripped-down, no-frills guide to the most important genealogy sites in Britain and Ireland, it is also a handy reference book, published in the interest of simplifying and facilitating research.
- Genealogical Publishing Company, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.40(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews