A Longing For Wisdomby Patricia S. Taylor Edmisten
In this collection of/i>
Patricia S. Taylor Edmisten was raised and educated with the traditions of the Catholic faith. But in later years, she began to question this faith on which she had relied for most of her life. In A Longing for Wisdom, she probes her conscience and presents writings about women, particularly their diminished role in the Catholic Church.
In this collection of poetry, prose, memoir, and essays, Edmisten addresses a range of issues relating to women:
• The uniqueness of women's talents, burdens, and sorrow
• The failure of the hierarchy of mainstream churches to recognize the contributions of women in the Church's history
• The widely accepted relegation of women to peripheral rather than central roles within churches
• The unexamined unease the hierarchy and some priests exhibit toward sexuality-their own and women's-contributing to injustice within the Church and society
Challenging, thought-provoking, and inspiring self-examination, A Longing for Wisdom calls for Church reform in an era where conventional wisdom has taken precedence over the wisdom of Christ.
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >