A Midsummer Night's Dream (Barnes & Noble Shakespeare) (PagePerfect NOOK Book)by William Shakespeare
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A Midsummer Night's Dream, by William Shakespeare, is part of the Barnes & Noble Shakespeare series. This unique series features newly edited texts prepared by leading scholars from America and Great Britain, in collaboration with one of the world's foremost Shakespeare authorities, David Scott Kastan of Columbia University. Together they have produced texts as faithful as possible to those that Shakespeare wrote.
Each volume in the Barnes & Noble Shakespeare includes:
• New Scholarship - Premiere scholars introduce each play with contemporary scholarship. An essay on editing the text provides an in-depth look at the quartos and folios used in the edition.
• Contextualizing Essays - Essays on Shakespeare's England, language, and life, along with essays on performing Shakespeare and significant performances frame the play in both historical and theatrical context for readers. A look at the lasting influence of the play on music, art, film, and dance creates an interdisciplinary framework with which to approach the play.
• Better Notes - Through one-word margin definitions, facing-page glosses, and longer end notes after the play, our innovative approach to notes pulls readers away from the text fewer times while providing them with more information and comprehensive analysis.
• Further Reading - An annotated bibliography of titles, hand-selected by the introduction author, takes readers beyond the edition for further reading.
Shakespeare's hilarious though often unnerving story of desire, confusion, and magic has delighted audiences for 400 years. The editor, Mario DiGangi, provides a set of notes rich in insight into the play's many literary and cultural points of reference.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >