- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This full-color atlas is intended to act as a supplement to introductory microbiology laboratory manuals. It is not designed to replace them, nor is it intended to replace actual performance of the techniques. Rather, the photographs are supplied to help with the interpretation of results.
The third edition of the Photographic Atlas for the Microbiology Laboratory is one of the best selling microbiology books in the higher education market. The authors have built on the success of this book by making significant improvements for the new edition. Some of the changes for the fourth edition include:
• A new art program designed to increase student understanding of important concepts
• A new "Introduction" chapter provides context and background information for the new microbiology student
• Re-organized content to reflect the "process" a working microbiologist would follow to identify an unknown organism
• Three new chapters covering the three domains: Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya
• New photographs, re-scanned and or re-imaged photos and new photomicrographs that match more closely what students are likely to observe in the laboratory
• A complete redesign that should allow the student to better access the material
This atlas can accompany and augment any Microbiology textbook. It is designed to be of particular value to students in a laboratory situation and could either accompany a laboratory manual or, in certain courses, it could be used in conjunction with Exercises for the Microbiology Laboratory, Fourth Edition. to provide students with a full-color, affordably priced lab manual.