"No anaesthesia department should be without a copy."
A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children: Expert Consult: Online and Printby Charles J. Cote, Jerrold Lerman, I. David Todres
Provide optimal anesthetic care to your young patients with A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 5th Edition, by Drs. Charles J. Cote, Jerrold Lerman, and Brian J. Anderson. 110 experts representing 10 different countries on 6 continents bring you complete coverage of the safe, effective administration of general and/b>/i>/b>/b>
Provide optimal anesthetic care to your young patients with A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 5th Edition, by Drs. Charles J. Cote, Jerrold Lerman, and Brian J. Anderson. 110 experts representing 10 different countries on 6 continents bring you complete coverage of the safe, effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to infants and children - covering standard techniques as well as the very latest advances.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Find authoritative answers on everything from preoperative evaluation through neonatal emergencies to the PACU.
- Get a free laminated pocket reference guide inside the book!
- Quickly review underlying scientific concepts and benefit from expert information on preoperative assessment and anesthesia management, postoperative care, emergencies, and special procedures.
- Stay on the cutting edge of management of emergence agitation, sleep-disordered breathing and postoperative vomiting; the use of new devices such as cuffed endotracheal tubes and new airway devices; and much more.
- Familiarize yourself with the full range of available new drugs, including those used for premedication and emergence from anesthesia.
- Benefit from numerous new figures and tables that facilitate easier retention of the material; new insights from neonatologists and neonatal pharmacologists; quick summaries of each chapter; and more than 1,000 illustrations that clarify key concepts.
- Access the entire text online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com, plus an extensive video library covering simulation, pediatric airway management, burn injuries, ultra-sound guided regional anesthesia, and much more; and new online-only sections, tables and figures.
Description: This is a thoroughly updated edition of a comprehensive book dedicated to the practice of pediatric anesthesia. The previous edition was published in 2001.
Purpose: The book provides expert advice on the safe and effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to infants and children. The expansion of the field and the continuous and new challenges render this book an invaluable tool in the practice of pediatric anesthesia.
Audience: The fundamental knowledge and the practical guidance that the book provides will benefit all pediatric anesthesia providers including students, residents, and fellows, as well as advanced practicing clinicians. The contributing authors are internationally renowned experts in specialties related to the field and include anesthesiologists, surgeons, internists, pediatricians, pharmacologists, and lawyers.
Features: The book covers an exhaustive list of topics from basic anesthetic principles to specific surgical areas, transfusion medicine, pain management, and medicolegal issues. This edition has expanded the number of chapters and uses color-coded sections for easy navigation. The abundant illustrations, photographs, diagrams, and tables are of excellent quality and provide exceptional educational value. The references are extensive. The wide range of specialists brings impressive breadth and depth of expertise. The accompanying web site adds commendable teaching aids, including audiovisual diagnostic and procedural guides.
Assessment: This comprehensive guide to anesthesia for infants and children provides valuable expertise for all clinicians practicing in the field.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 43 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews