A Quick and Not Dirty Guide to Business Writing: 25 Business and Public Relations Documents That Every Business Writer Should Knowby Charles Marsh
Pub. Date: 09/01/1996
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This helpful guide distills business writing to its essentials: 25 documents that every business writer should be familiar with, including the business sales letter, request letter, press release, business report, and proposal. For each, the author offers format and content guidelines and alerts readers to common pitfalls.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.39(w) x 9.44(h) x 0.33(d)
Table of Contents
1. Before You Write.
2. External Documents: The Business Letter, The News Release, The Media Kit, and Writing for Broadcast Media.
3. Internal Documents: The Memorandum, The Company Announcement, The Policy and Procedure Document, and The Business Report.
4. Internal/External Documents: The Newsletter/Magazine Story, The Proposal, The Brochure, The Speech, and The Annual Report.
5. Writing for the Information Highway.
6. Single-Organization Example Documents.
Appendix A: The ACT Agenda: An Editing and Proofreading System.
Appendix B: The Gunning Fog Index.
Appendix C. Writing a Resume and Cover Letter.
Appendix D: Recommended Resources.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I had Prof. Charles Marsh for an instructor at the University of Kansas. This book is a must have for anyone that writes business letters. Prof. Marsh is an excellent writer and teacher which anyone can see from his book.