A Resource Guide for Teaching: K-12 / Edition 4by Richard D. Kellough
Pub. Date: 05/15/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This concise resource guide uses an engaging writing style that helps readers learn, practice, discuss, implement, and evaluate a broad spectrum of effective teaching skills and strategies. The central strength is its practical approach, which is supported by numerous "hand-on" activities, opportunities for practice, case studies, and sample lessons. Offers an active learning approach incorporating numerous exercises throughout the book. Provides more than 100 ideas for motivating lessons, interdisciplinary teaching, transcultural studies, community service learning, and student projects. Covers best practices and exemplary school programs. Includes instructional scenarios and classroom vignettes. For educators and school administrators.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Fourth Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of ContentsPART I: ORIENTATION TO TEACHING AND LEARNING IN TODAY'S SCHOOLS.
1. Today's Schools.
2. Celebrating and Building Upon the Diverse Characteristics and Needs of Youth: The Nature of the Challenge.
3. Teacher Behaviors and Responsibilities Necessary for Meeting the Challenge.
PART II: PLANNING FOR INSTRUCTION.
4. The Classroom Learning Environment.
5. The Curriculum.
6. The Instructional Plan.
PART III: STRATEGIES, AIDS, MEDIA, AND RESOURCES FOR EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTION.
8. Grouping and Assignments for Positive Interaction and Quality Learning.
9. Teacher Talk, Demonstrations, Thinking, Inquiry, and Games.
10. Media and Other Instructional Aids and Resources.
PART IV: ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT LEARNING AND CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
11. Assessing and Reporting Student Achievement.
12. Assessing Teaching Effectiveness and Continued Professional Development.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >