A Revolution in Manufacturing : The Smed Systemby Andrew P. Dillon, Shigeo Shingo
Pub. Date: 04/28/1985
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Written by the industrial engineer who developed SMED (single-minute exchange of die) for Toyota, A Revolution in Manufacturing provides a full overview of this powerful just in time production tool. It offers the most complete and detailed instructions available anywhere for transforming a manufacturing environment in ways that will speed up/i>/b>
Written by the industrial engineer who developed SMED (single-minute exchange of die) for Toyota, A Revolution in Manufacturing provides a full overview of this powerful just in time production tool. It offers the most complete and detailed instructions available anywhere for transforming a manufacturing environment in ways that will speed up production and make small lot inventories feasible. The author delves into both the theory and practice of the SMED system, explaining fundamentals as well as techniques for applying SMED. The critically acclaimed text is supported with hundreds of illustrations and photographs, as well as twelve chapter-length case studies.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THEORY AND PRACTICE OF THE SMED SYSTEM
1. The Structure of Production
2. Setup Operations in the Past
3. Fundamentals of SMED
4. Techniques for Applying SMED
5. Applying SMED to Internal Operations
6. Basic Examples of SMED
7. Effects of SMED
PART TWO: THE SMED SYSTEM CASE STUDIES
8. Implementing SMED
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., Washing Machine Division (Mikuni Plant)
9. Setup Improvements Based on the Toyota Production System
Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd.
10. A Quick-Setting ("Q-S") Campaign
Nippon Kogaku K.K. (Oi Plant)
11. Using SMED on a Farm Machinery Processing Line
Kubota, Ltd. (Sakai Plant)
12. Setup Improvements Based on Shop Circle Activities
Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd.
13. Comprehensive Development of the SMED Concept to Include Affiliated Plants
Arakawa Auto Body Industries K.K.
14. SMED Developments in Producing Slide Bearings
T.H. Kogyo K.K.
15. Examples and Effects of the SMED System
Glory Industries K.K.
16. Achievement of SMED Through Company-Wide Activities
Kyoei Kogyo K.K.
17. SMED in Tire Manufacturing Processes
Bridgestone Tire Co., Ltd.
18. Using SMED for Aluminum Die-Casting Dies
Tsuta Machine and Metals Co., Ltd.
19. The Shingo One-Touch Die Exchange System: The Boltless Method
About the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >