AANN Core Curriculum for Neuroscience Nursingby AANN, Chris Stewart-Amidei, Joyce A. Kunkel
AANN Core Curriculum for Neuroscience Nursing, 4th Edition, is a comprehensive clinical resource for the practicing neuroscience nurse. It can also be used as a tool for success in achieving the designation of Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) or as a supplemental text for any undergraduate and graduate nursing student studying to care for patients… See more details below
AANN Core Curriculum for Neuroscience Nursing, 4th Edition, is a comprehensive clinical resource for the practicing neuroscience nurse. It can also be used as a tool for success in achieving the designation of Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) or as a supplemental text for any undergraduate and graduate nursing student studying to care for patients suffering from neurologic disorders. The book is divided into three parts: foundations of neuroscience nursing, specific neuroscience topics, and neurologic issues across the continuum.
• An easy-to-use outline format comprehensively covers the entire scope of neuroscience nursing in all practice settings.
• Details the core knowledge base of neuroscience nursing with authorship and endorsement by the AANN, the specialty organization for neuroscience nurses.
• Follows the current blueprint for the AANN certification exam.
• Provides an effective guide for teaching and learning for in-service, continuing education, and academic programs.
• Uses tables, figures and graphs to help illustrate complex concepts.
• Part I: Foundations of Neuroscience Nursing covers the anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, assessment, diagnostic tests, surgical considerations and technology significant to neuroscience disorders.
• Part II: Specific Neuroscience Topics covers craniocerebral trauma, spine disorders, nerve injuries, tumors, sleep disorders, and pain and headaches.
• Part III: Neurologic Issues Across the Continuum features pediatric and geriatric issues, rehabilitation, and ethical considerations.
• Useful resources such as common scales areincluded in the appendix.
• Includes revised, updated and expanded content to reflect the current state of neuroscience nursing.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.34(w) x 10.30(h) x 1.50(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >