An established expert in the field, Michael T. Palermo is a practicing estate-planning attorney in Kentucky. He is among the few attorneys who are also CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals, and has been quoted in numerous publications, including Parade, The Christian Science Monitor, and Family Money.
AARP Crash Course in Estate Planning: The Essential Guide to Wills, Trusts, and Your Personal Legacyby Michael T. Palermo, Ric Edelman (Foreword by)
Scrutinized for accuracy by AARP’s legal specialists, this indispensable volume covers every aspect of planning an estate and creating a will. A crash course in one handy volume, the book walks readers through the entire/b>
Here is the absolutely essential and totally comprehensive guide to wills, trusts, estate planning, and crafting a personal legacy.
Scrutinized for accuracy by AARP’s legal specialists, this indispensable volume covers every aspect of planning an estate and creating a will. A crash course in one handy volume, the book walks readers through the entire process, from understanding the distinction between probate and nonprobate property to delegating a durable power of attorney, and from resolving possible tax issues ahead of time to safeguarding your assets.
In these pages you will find:
• comparisons of wills and simple living trusts;
• advice on guardianship and advance medical directives;
• explanations of the role and powers of a trusteeand what steps to take in the case of suspected misconduct;
• a primer on marshaling and protecting retirement assets;
• help in planning for children with disabilities;
• ideas for making sure your money stays in the family in case a spouse remarries; and much, much more.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews