- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Secrets Series® is breaking new ground again. The leading volume in the very popular Secrets Series® is back in an exciting, updated, and completely redesigned 5th Edition. A new, two-color page layout, a more portable size, and a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" in surgery help readers to better meet the challenges they face today. And, at no extra charge, purchasers also receive online access to the complete contents of the text via Elsevier's innovative STUDENTConsult.com website. Readers will still find all of the features they rely on the Secret Series® for—a question- and -answer format, lists, mnemonics, and tables and an informal tone that make reference fast and easy. No matter what questions arise on rounds, in clinical situations, or in the OR, this updated 5th Edition has the answers—in print and online.
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
• Uses bulleted lists, tables, short answers, and a highly detailed index to expedite reference.
• Features pearls, tips, memory aids, and "secrets" from experts.
• Covers all of today's most common surgical procedures and techniques.
• Includes "Controversies" section in many chapters to highlight the pros and cons of selected procedures and approaches.
Your purchase of this book entitles you to access www.studentconsult.com at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you...
• Access to the complete text and illustrations of this book.
• Content clipping for your handheld.
• An interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources.
• The more STUDENT CONSULT titles you buy, the more resources you can access online!
• Look for the STUDENT CONSULT logo on your favorite Elsevier textbooks!
• Offers access to the complete contents of the text and other community features online via the STUDENTConsult.com website.
• Includes a list of the "Top 100 Secrets" to keep in mind during a surgical rotation or residency.
• Features a new, more compact trim size (5 1/4" x 8 1/2") for enhanced portability.
• Makes information easier to find with a new, two-color page layout and Key Points boxes.
I. GENERAL TOPICS
1. Are You Ready for Your Surgery Rotation?
2. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
3. Evaluation and Treatment of Cardiac Dysrhythmias
4. How to Think about Shock
5. What is Pulmonary Insufficiency?
6. Why Get Arterial Blood Gases?
7. Fluids, Electrolytes, Gatorade, and Sweat
8. Nutritional Assessment and Enteral Nutrition
9. Parenteral Nutrition
10. What Does Postoperative Fever Mean?
11. Oxygen Monitoring and Assessment
12. Central Venous and Pulmonary Artery Pressure Monitoring
13. Surgical Wound Infection
14. Priorities in Evaluation of the Acute Abdomen
15. Surgical Infectious Disease
16. Initial Assessment
17. Posttraumatic Hemorrhagic Shock
18. Traumatic Brain Injury
19. Spinal Cord Injuries
20. Penetrating Neck Trauma
21. Blunt Thoracic Trauma
22. Penetrating Thoracic Trauma
23. Blunt Abdominal Trauma
24. Penetrating Abdominal Trauma
25. Hepatic and Biliary Trauma
26. Splenic Trauma
27. Pancreatic and Duodenal Injury
28. Trauma to the Colon and Rectum
29. Pelvic Fractures
30. Upper Urinary Tract Injuries
31. Lower Urinary Tract Injury and Pelvic Trauma
32. Extremity Vascular Injuries
33. Facial Lacerations
34. Basic Care of Hand Injuries
36. Pediatric Trauma
III. ABDOMINAL SURGERY
37. Appendicitis Can Be Tough to Diagnose
38. Gallbladder Disease
39. Pancreatic Cancer
40. Acute Pancreatitis
41. Diagnosis and Therapy of Chronic Pancreatitis
42. Portal Hypertension and Esophageal Varices
43. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
44. Esophageal Cancer
45. Acid-Peptic Ulcer Disease
46. Small Bowel Obstruction
47. Intestinal Ischemia
48. Diverticular Disease of the Colon
49. Acute Large Bowel Obstruction
50. Inflammatory Bowel Disease
51. Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding
52. Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding
53. Colorectal Polyps
54. Colorectal Carcinoma
55. Anorectal Disease
56. Inguinal Hernia
IV. ENDOCRINE SURGERY
59. Thyroid Nodules and Cancer
60. Surgical Hypertension
V. BREAST SURGERY
61. Breast Masses
62. Primary Therapy for Breast Cancer
VI. OTHER CANCERS
63. What Is Cancer?
65. Parotid Tumors
66. Hodgkin’s Disease and Malignant Lymphomas
67. Neck Masses
VII. VASCULAR SURGERY
68. What Is Atherosclerosis?
69. Arterial Insufficiency
70. Carotid Disease
71. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
72. Venous Disease
73. Noninvasive Vascular Diagnostic Laboratory
VIII. CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY
74. Coronary Artery Disease
75. Mitral Stenosis
76. Mitral Regurgitation
77. Aortic Valvular Disease
78. Thoracic Surgery for Non-neoplastic Disease
79. Lung Cancer
80. Solitary Pulmonary Nodule
81. Dissecting Aortic Aneurysm
IX. PEDIATRIC SURGERY
82. Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis
83. Intestinal Obstruction of Neonates and Infants
84. Imperforate Anus
85. Tracheoesophageal Malformations
86. Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
87. Abdominal Tumors
88. Congenital Cysts and Sinuses of the Neck
89. Liver Transplantation
90. Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation
91. Heart Transplantation
92. Lung Transplantation
93. The Surgical Approach to Infertility
94. Urinary Calculus Disease
95. Renal Cell Carcinoma
96. Bladder Cancer
97. Prostate Cancer
98. Urodynamics and Voiding Dysfunction
99. Pediatric Urology
XII. HEALTH CARE
100. Can Health Care Be Reformed?
101. Risks of Bloodborne Disease
102. Ethics in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit