Abnormal Psychology Plus NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText / Edition 7by Thomas F. Oltmanns, Robert E. Emery
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID,/b>/b>/b>… See more details below
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
It's not about them, it's about all of us.
With a focus on critical thinking, Oltmanns and Emery prepare students for the DSM-V and beyond by addressing key issues and concepts that will remain, even as diagnostic criteria change.
In Abnormal Psychology, 7th edition Oltmanns and Emery bring both the science and personal aspects of abnormal psychology to life with a focus on evidence-based practice and emerging research. The authors emphasize that abnormal psychology is not about "them," it's about all of us. Using extensive case studies, they present the most cutting edge information on abnormal psychology by covering methods and treatment in context. Organized around the way students learn, this ground breaking text integrates the biological, psychological, and social perspectives in one concurrent story.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning – The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – With a focus on critical thinking students are encouraged to be “inquiring skeptics.”
- Engage Students – “Speaking Out” video series and case studies woven throughout each chapter engage students in the science and the practice of abnormal psychology.
- Explore Research – Detailed coverage of research methods and treatment is presented in every chapter; treatment is also covered in a standalone chapter.
- Support Instructors – “Speaking Out” videos on DVD, MyPsychLab’s Class Prep, video embedded PowerPoints on DVD, MyTest, clicker questions, and an instructor’s manual provide extensive support for instructors.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit: www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205229260
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.20(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
IN THIS SECTION:
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Chapter 1: Examples and Definitions of Abnormal Behavior
Chapter 2: Causes of Abnormal Behavior
Chapter 3: Treatment of Psychological Disorders
Chapter 4: Classification and Assessment of Abnormal Behavior
Chapter 5: Mood Disorders and Suicide
Chapter 6: Anxiety Disorders
Chapter 7: Acute and Post-traumatic Stress Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, and Somatoform Disorders
Chapter 8: Stress and Physical Health
Chapter 9: Personality Disorders
Chapter 10: Eating Disorders
Chapter 11: Substance Use Disorders
Chapter 12: Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
Chapter 13: Schizophrenic Disorders
Chapter 14: Dementia, Delirium, and Amnestic Disorders
Chapter 15: Mental Retardation and Pervasive Developmental Disorders
Chapter 16: Psychological Disorders of Childhood
Chapter 17: Adjustment Disorders and Life-Cycle Transitions
Chapter 18: Mental Health and the Law
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >