Abnormal Psychology / Edition 2by Thomas F. Oltmanns, Robert E. Emery, Michelle T. Martin
Pub. Date: 09/28/1997
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This new edition retains the book's engaging and innovative systems approach, integrating the biological, psychological, and social perspectives in one concurrent story. Scientific methods are presented in a clear and non-threatening manner, and are based on the most current research. Chapter topics include personality disorders, eating disorders, substance use disorders, sexual and gender identity disorders, schizophrenic disorders, mood disorders and suicide, treatment of psychological disorders, and more. For psychologists, psychiatrists, and professionals in the mental health field.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.27(w) x 10.98(h) x (d)
Table of Contents1. Examples and Definitions of Abnormal Behavior.
2. Causes of Abnormal Behavior: From Paradigms to Systems.
3. Treatment of Psychological Disorders.
4. Classification and Assessment of Abnormal Behavior.
5. Mood Disorders and Suicide.
6. Anxiety Disorders.
7. Acute and Posttraumatic Stress Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, and Somatoform Disorders.
8. Stress and Physical Health.
9. Personality Disorders.
10. Eating Disorders.
11. Substance Use Disorders.
12. Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders.
13. Schizophrenic Disorders.
14. Dementia, Delirium, and Amnestic Disorders.
15. Mental Retardation and Pervasive Developmental Disorders.
16. Psychological Disorders of Childhood.
17. Adjustment Disorders and Life-Cycle Transitions.
18. Mental Health and the Law.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >