- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Science The second edition of ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY continues to give students a solid grounding in the classic research of abnormal psychology. New to the edition are features that highlight fascinating new scientific research or theories that hold promise of revolutionizing theory and treatment in the field and that discuss scientific controversies in abnormal psychology in a balanced way. Important discussions on the impact of culture and gender on mental disorders are woven into each chapter. Dr. Nolen-Hoeksema's style of presenting scientific findings is engaging to students and brings the science to life in a way that no other research-based text does.
Compassion The second edition of ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY highlights the personal accounts of people struggling with mental illness to give students a greater understanding of the suffering that these individuals experience. The concerns of students who have suffered mental disorders themselves are also addressed directly in this edition.
Teachablity The second edition continues to presentdifficult material with the clarity that aids student learning and includes NEW student friendly pedagogy such as Concept Review Tables to help students organize and visualize difficult concepts.
2. Contemporary Theories of Abnormality
3. The Research Endeavor
4. Assessing and Diagnosing Abnormality
5. Treatments for Abnormality
6. Anxiety Disorders: Panic, Phobias, and General Anxiety
7. Anxiety Disorders: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
8. Mood Disorders
11. Dissociative and Somatoform Disorders
12. Personality Disorders
13. Childhood Disorders
14. Eating Disorders
15. Sexual Disorders and Gender Identity Disorder
16. Substance Related Disorders
17. Psychology and Physical Health
18. The Cognitive Disorders: Dementia, Delirium, and Amnesia
19. Mental Health, Social Policy, and the Law